Proof Elevation 6.5 creedmore

The grip on that stock would be enough to make me avoid it. Unless you have Arsenio Hall or Shaq length trigger fingers to get from the grip to the trigger..

Fitzwho

WKR
I'll sell you my custom built 6.5CM for that price. With the Vortex Razor LH. And it won't have that goofy weird looking stock on it...

Looked at it on a couple websites and they both had it listed at 5lbs. Except that's 5lbs 14oz. That's all of 2 oz lighter than my custom with a 20" barrel.

rgrmike

Lil-Rokslider
I like the looks of the Rifle. Haven't handled one. I wish it was offered in 6.5PRC. The Creedmoor just doesn't do it for me. I don't know why anyone would should a Creedmoor over a 6.5 PRC anymore.

I like the looks of the Rifle. Haven't handled one. I wish it was offered in 6.5PRC. The Creedmoor just doesn't do it for me. I don't know why anyone would should a Creedmoor over a 6.5 PRC anymore.

The same reasons people shoot 308 or 30/06 instead of 300 WM but 300 wm ammo is actually common.

rgrmike

Lil-Rokslider
The same reasons people shoot 308 or 30/06 instead of 300 WM but 300 wm ammo is actually common.

The whole point of a 6.5 Creedmoor is to shoot a high BC Bullet in a short action. When you're buying high quality ammunition it's the same cost as shooting a 308. IF you want to shoot a high BC bullet in a short action the 6.5 PRC beats the Creedmoor. Creedmoor is more common for sure....That being said I don't care about how common ammo is. I can order whatever I want online and it's at my door in a couple days and I don't have to drive to the store.

rgrmike

Lil-Rokslider
The whole point of a 6.5 Creedmoor is to shoot a high BC Bullet in a short action. When you're buying high quality ammunition it's the same cost as shooting a 308. IF you want to shoot a high BC bullet in a short action the 6.5 PRC beats the Creedmoor. Creedmoor is more common for sure....That being said I don't care about how common ammo is. I can order whatever I want online and it's at my door in a couple days and I don't have to drive to the store.

I guess my point is if you're starting from scratch and want a 6.5 in a short action I wouldn't pick a Creedmoor. If you want it in an AR10 that's a different story. Most guys that are shooting a 6.5 Creed are shooting it because of the performance gains that it brings you over a 308 for example....the 6.5 PRC gives you even more.

I guess my point is if you're starting from scratch and want a 6.5 in a short action I wouldn't pick a Creedmoor. If you want it in an AR10 that's a different story. Most guys that are shooting a 6.5 Creed are shooting it because of the performance gains that it brings you over a 308 for example....the 6.5 PRC gives you even more.

I don't disagree with most of your points on why it makes sense for you but the creedmoor isn't obsolete and wasn't designed for pure ballistic performance. It's about optimizing a 308 sized case for performance with High BC bullets in a short action.

PRC isn't a 308 sized case and comes with more recoil and less barrel life, not to mention the same cartridge length issues that the creedmoor solved in the 260. Pure performance isn't everything as evidenced by people dominating the precision rifle comps with 6mm BR variants rather than bigger 6's that shoot the same bullets 200 FPS faster.

rgrmike

Lil-Rokslider
I don't disagree with most of your points on why it makes sense for you but the creedmoor isn't obsolete and wasn't designed for pure ballistic performance. It's about optimizing a 308 sized case for performance with High BC bullets in a short action.

PRC isn't a 308 sized case and comes with more recoil and less barrel life, not to mention the same cartridge length issues that the creedmoor solved in the 260. Pure performance isn't everything as evidenced by people dominating the precision rifle comps with 6mm BR variants rather than bigger 6's that shoot the same bullets 200 FPS faster.

Fair enough. I shoot a 260. I was on the fence on my last build with 260 and 6.5 Creed. For me I didn't see the advantages of the Creed. Looking back maybe that was a poor decision. Lately I think of things in a hunting application. I know tons of guys shoot elk with their 6.5 Creeds while others believe it a marginal cartridge for that application. I love the high BC 6.5, low recoil, decent barrel life etc....I guess for ME the PRC does all that just a little better than the Creed.

I was very close to purchasing the Proof Elevation Rifle in a 20" 308. If they would've offered it in a 22 maybe 24" PRC I would've pulled the trigger. Now I'm most likely going to have to go custom to get what I want. Weatherby just came out with a new CarbonMark V....the weight of the rifle isn't listed, it's only available in Weatherby's new 6.5 Offering (Other Calibers are available just not the PRC) and I think it has a Christensen Arms barrel...I'm sure they're good but if I wanted a CA Arms barrel I'd just buy one of their rifles.

Last edited:

rgrmike

Lil-Rokslider
On a separate note...Weatherby came out with another 6.5 to choose from. Won't fit in a short action though 😭

It wont shoot any better than a custom rifle. You could build a custom rifle for alot less money as well

rgrmike

Lil-Rokslider
The Proof Elevation has a street price of $2500. I'm not sure you can build a custom rifle for A LOT LESS. Maybe less but you're getting a Proof Barrel and a Bighorn Action....Sure you can build a Tikka or something like that but I don't know if it's apples to apples.