Proof research barrel in Ulta lite stock?

HUNTER100

Any chance anybody up here is running a proof research carbon barrel (sendero contour) with a McMillan ultra lite stock (carbon) in game warden or game hunter?

Im curious on how it balances, finished weight, etc?

Brightwhite

I have a 24” proof Sendero, McMillan edge fill game warden, defiance ultra light and it’s right around 7 lbs

OP
H

HUNTER100

Thanks guys. Appreciate the feedback.

How y'all liking the proof barrels? Like them better than steel?

cjl2010

I’ve got a game hunter, LPA fuzion TI nitride, and 24” .264 proof sendero with piercision brake. With SOL bottom metal and empty mag it’s 6.1 lbs.

Bare rifle is barrel heavy for sure. With Swarovski x5 it balances well, still a touch heavy on the barrel side.E99887D8-2A8E-43E2-8F00-633FF6023083.jpeg

Brightwhite

I’ve got a game hunter, LPA fuzion TI nitride, and 24” .264 proof sendero with piercision brake. With SOL bottom metal and empty mag it’s 6.1 lbs.

Bare rifle is barrel heavy for sure. With Swarovski x5 it balances well, still a touch heavy on the barrel side.View attachment 86717
Nice setup. I think my next build will have a LPA fuzion TI action, those look pretty sweet.

What pattern is that on the McMillan?

cjl2010

Urban carbon ambush. Those LPA actions are pretty nice man. Ounces get expensive.

OP
H

HUNTER100

Man! That looks awesome. I'm wanting something very similar for my next build. Thanks for the feedback. Nice gun you got there

Rckymtnshooter

My son had a rifle built with a Mcmillan edge fill game hunter and a proof sendero light barrel, Remington 700 action. Total weight of the rifle hunt ready with a Leopold vx6hd 6x18 and talley rings is 8 pounds 4 ounces. The rifle balances very well and shoots 215 bergers into tiny little groups.

i built the exact same rifle but with a Brux #3 contour barrel. He saved 10 ounces by going with the proof barrel.

One other small difference is he went with a Holland brake and I used a MBM. The MBM is noticeably more effective.

amerimono

A buddy of mine has the proof carbon fiber barrel with the mcmillan ultra lie stock and a defiance ultra lite action. He said he really liked it.

RaggedHunter

I have a 6.5-06 Ackley Improved built with a 24" proof research sendero light, in a game hunter stock.
went a little heavy on scope with a Nighforce SHV 5-20x56. All together with a sling and full mag I come in right at 8lbs.
very nice weight. light enough to pack around all day, but still balances and sits on the bags well. great combination for a good all around hunting rifle IMO, and still very capable of 1000 yards.