Proof Research vs Alamo Precision

If you are considering a custom, I would get a properly throated 30N over a 300PRC all day. A properly throated Nosler will stomp a 300PRC on its best day.

Throat it properly, select a faster twist and roll with it.

300PRC and Win Mag run typically within 50fpa of each other. The Nosler even in SAAMI form outperforms both in terms of raw velocity.

The negative to the 30N is the cost of brass. But for a hunting rifle buy 200-300 pieces of ADG brass, don’t get stupid chasing max speed/pressure and it will last a life time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
EddieNel

EddieNel

Lil-Rokslider
If you are considering a custom, I would get a properly throated 30N over a 300PRC all day. A properly throated Nosler will stomp a 300PRC on its best day.

Throat it properly, select a faster twist and roll with it.

300PRC and Win Mag run typically within 50fpa of each other. The Nosler even in SAAMI form outperforms both in terms of raw velocity.

The negative to the 30N is the cost of brass. But for a hunting rifle buy 200-300 pieces of ADG brass, don’t get stupid chasing max speed/pressure and it will last a life time.

That’s a pretty bold statement @Mike D Texas What do you mean by a properly throated 30N? All the ballistics I’ve seen the 30Nos is just under the PRC. I’m not being confrontational. I really want to know. I’ve had several people tell me the 30Nos is easy to reload and shoots amazing. I’ve also heard the same thing about the 300PRC. I’m definitely open to the 30 Nos but I’ve already bought brass and dies for the prc but I can sell them. Convince me.

That’s a pretty bold statement @Mike D Texas What do you mean by a properly throated 30N? All the ballistics I’ve seen the 30Nos is just under the PRC. I’m not being confrontational. I really want to know. I’ve had several people tell me the 30Nos is easy to reload and shoots amazing. I’ve also heard the same thing about the 300PRC. I’m definitely open to the 30 Nos but I’ve already bought brass and dies for the prc but I can sell them. Convince me.

Have your reamer made to seat the bullets out to all a COAL of 3.7” +/- depending on the bullet. Get the base of the bullet out of precious powder space and above the neck shoulder junction where donuts can occur and cause even more problems.

When properly throated the Nosler has a noticeable increase in powder capacity over the PRC.

Darryle

WKR
Classified Approved
I may very well take you up on that offer. It will depend on what time we can get away from here. Just going to be passing through for the night then hitting the road but who know? Those are definitely some impressive groups.
I live just outside Weatherford, you are welcome to shoulder it when you are coming through next week.

I live in Weatherford myself, you are welcome to shoot mine as well.

OP
EddieNel

EddieNel

Lil-Rokslider

Just found this thread.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Have you shot any to 500 or more yards? My xbolt groups really tight to 300 yds then just completely opens up at 400 yds with no consistency. Thats why im wanting to go with a custom.

That’s not how it works- if you are grouping high number shot groups( 10 plus rounds per group) at 1.5 MOA at 300 yards, mechanically it will do the same at 400 yards. If it isn’t, then you have something wrong that isn’t the rifle specifically.

OP
EddieNel

EddieNel

Lil-Rokslider
That’s not how it works- if you are grouping high number shot groups( 10 plus rounds per group) at 1.5 MOA at 300 yards, mechanically it will do the same at 400 yards. If it isn’t, then you have something wrong that isn’t the rifle specifically.
I’ve got a bunch of reloads hopefully I will get to shoot one day this week and see where Im at.

Themic86

Lil-Rokslider
Alamo makes a solid rifle and love mine. Love the customization factor and if you can dream up and make it look the way you want. They don’t have a moa guarantee, but that’s all marketing bs and if it doesn’t shoot they will fix it