Proof rifles

Any sliders running a proof research rifle? I have several of their barrels on custom builds and have been very pleased with quality.

Mainly interested in the glacier ti and/or terminus.

Appears you could have other builders put one together using same components for a lot less and have more input on the finished product as far as colors, caliber, etc... Also, for that kind of cash--load development, custom turret and ammo to boot!

What am I missing?

Kotaman

WKR
I have 2. A 28 Nosler and a 22-250. They both shoot fantastic. Yes, like anything else, you can have the builder of your choice put it together. I didn’t go that route, but I’m sure it would work fine and save some $$$.

Totoro

WKR
You're not missing much.

I have no doubt PR turns out a fine rifle, I personally prefer to talk with a builder and go through the steps.

IMO, a PR is like a Gunwerks/MOA/GAP and others. My guess is a few craftsmans under one roof building the rifles.

Where as Lane, Hells Canyon, RBros, DGS and others when you call in for a build you get the man building your rifle.

To some, like myself, it's important; to others maybe not so important.

The beauty of it all are there are so many options, its like Baskin Robbins!

TreyPound

FNG
so, I'm not using a proof, but GA Precision currently has my 300WM build. I'm going to be using a christensen 24" 30cal barrel. It was way lighter than anything of comparable profile. I'm hoping for .5 moa when it's up and running. I can say that when my savage 260 barrel burns, it's going to get a proof. I think I've got enough time to save for that.

OP
100percent
I have 2. A 28 Nosler and a 22-250. They both shoot fantastic. Yes, like anything else, you can have the builder of your choice put it together. I didn’t go that route, but I’m sure it would work fine and save some $$$.
Which model did you end up with for the 22-250? I was thinking about a fast twist Swift if they would do it. Thanks

OP
100percent
You're not missing much.

I have no doubt PR turns out a fine rifle, I personally prefer to talk with a builder and go through the steps.

IMO, a PR is like a Gunwerks/MOA/GAP and others. My guess is a few craftsmans under one roof building the rifles.

Where as Lane, Hells Canyon, RBros, DGS and others when you call in for a build you get the man building your rifle.

To some, like myself, it's important; to others maybe not so important.

The beauty of it all are there are so many options, its like Baskin Robbins!
I agree! thanks

Kotaman

WKR
I will say this: At half the price of my Gunwerks guns, these two Proof Rifles are as accurate or even more accurate than those. And the Gunwerks guns (4 of them) all shoot extremely well.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I helped a buddy work up loads for his in 28 Nosler, I don't know the model name but it shot light out with the first load we put through it.

Kotaman

WKR
Here's was my first target (3 shots), from my Proof 28 Nosler out of the back of my pickup, resting off the roof with factory Nosler 175 LR Accubonds.

Attachments

• IMG_2172.JPG
    IMG_2172.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 45

Kotaman

WKR
Which model did you end up with for the 22-250? I was thinking about a fast twist Swift if they would do it. Thanks

Both of my Proofs are the Summit Model. (I believe the Glacier Ti is similar to what I had built) I wanted the 250 as light as possible to be used as a calling rifle.

Attachments

• A801DF5E-2188-4D54-BE94-DD713EFA74DA.jpeg
    A801DF5E-2188-4D54-BE94-DD713EFA74DA.jpeg
    261 KB · Views: 44