Propane Heater Size for 8 Person Tipi

Voyageur

WKR
Hello.
Ready to purchase a Nuway propane heater for use in my 8 person tipi, but am not sure what size to get. I'm hoping @AK Troutbum will contribute his thoughts as well as anyone else who has experience with propane heaters in tipi and tent type shelters.
The heater's main purpose would be to take the chill off in the morning, and to dry clothing in the evening while relaxing inside the tipi. Only on the colder nights....teens and lower would I maybe use it to keep the inside of the shelter tolerable; say 40 degrees or so.
I spoke with the owner of Nuway and he suggested their 3500 model. To him the fact that model has 2 burners was a big advantage. I didn't grasp why that was such a big plus and am hoping others can chime in and enlighten me.
Thanks.

Edit:
The reason I am getting a propane heater is one of the areas I spend a lot of time in restricts the use of wood stoves.

Top147

Lil-Rokslider
Interested. I have been eyeing a propane heater for a 10x14 canvas shelter. I have been leaning towards mr big buddy heater with a few co monitors as it seems simple.

I like this nuway stove since it is piped out. Hmm. Have you considered a buddy heater?

As for sizing. I know the regular buddy heater is underrated for a 10x14 shelter. Not familiar with nuway.

OP
Voyageur

Voyageur

WKR
I have used Buddy Heaters before, but don't like the condensation issues. The venting on the Nuway will take care of that.

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a bit late on this, but I run a nuway in my Kodiak canvas 10x14. I don't remember if I got the 3500 or 4000, but it's one of the two burner models, I'm pretty sure I went with the 4000. The two burners would just be more heat output. Honestly the size difference is negligible, and price difference is $25, so you might as well go with the the highest output. 20,000 BTUs vs 28,000 BTUs is 40% more output with no downside.

It'll heat up the 10x14 to t-shirt warmth in a few minutes when it's -10* celcius. No condensation issues with the pipe. It's super nice to be able to roll into camp and set up without having to take the time to gather and process firewood, and it's also great to have instant heat first thing in the morning without having to get a fire started.

Downside is you can't damper it down at bed time to keep any warmth going. You could run it through the night but I shut it off when sleeping.