Proposal for increased outfitter tag allocations in Idaho

codycleve

FNG
There is a proposal to increase the percentage of outfitter allocated tags to 25%... If you hunt Idaho without an outfitter you may want to voice your opinion. you can do so and find more information here, you have until March 24th.

https://idfg.idaho.gov/about/rules/...set-aside-rule-general-hunt-elk-and-deer-tags

Here is a the highlight.

Currently, the number of general hunt elk tags set-aside for allocation to outfitters to sell to their clients is 2,800 (A and B tags combined), which is 21.8% of the nonresident quota for general hunt elk tags. The number of general deer tags set-aside for allocation to outfitters for their clients is 1,985 (regular and white-tailed tags combined), which 12.8% of the nonresident quota for general hunt deer tags.

The Idaho Outfitters and Guides Association has petitioned the Fish and Game Commission to adopt a rule to set aside the statutory maximum of 25% of the nonresident general hunt elk tags and 25% of the nonresident general hunt deer tags as the new annual limits for allocation to outfitters to use for their clients.

There is a proposal to increase the percentage of outfitter allocated tags to 25%... If you hunt Idaho without an outfitter you may want to voice your opinion. you can do so and find more information here, you have until March 24th.

https://idfg.idaho.gov/about/rules/...set-aside-rule-general-hunt-elk-and-deer-tags

Here is a the highlight.

Currently, the number of general hunt elk tags set-aside for allocation to outfitters to sell to their clients is 2,800 (A and B tags combined), which is 21.8% of the nonresident quota for general hunt elk tags. The number of general deer tags set-aside for allocation to outfitters for their clients is 1,985 (regular and white-tailed tags combined), which 12.8% of the nonresident quota for general hunt deer tags.

The Idaho Outfitters and Guides Association has petitioned the Fish and Game Commission to adopt a rule to set aside the statutory maximum of 25% of the nonresident general hunt elk tags and 25% of the nonresident general hunt deer tags as the new annual limits for allocation to outfitters to use for their clients.
Thanks for posting this

Extrapale

WKR
I just voted no also. They can't even sell their current allotment, why would they even ask for more?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Good grief, I'll give em one thing. They're persistent in seeking state- sponsored welfare

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Gobbler36

WKR
I voted no also. Many outfitters are also large landowners that already get spoon fed by the Idaho department of Farm&Game.
This is why I voted no also. it’s bad enough we get hammered with NR but its worse when it’s some fat cat that is packed in on a horse when where you’re huntin.