Protein Powder Recipes

shaun

WKR
Have done many protien powder recipies. Pancakes, Brownies, Bars etc. As long as you have a good tasting Protein you cant go wrong I have yet to find one I dont like. I make the pancakes about once a week.

OR Archer

WKR
I took and mixed a scoop of protein powder with some granola for quick breakfasts this past season. I also had some powdered milk mixed in. Would of been better without the milk. Wasn't all that bad just not something Id eat every morning.

shaun

WKR
I took and mixed a scoop of protein powder with some granola for quick breakfasts this past season. I also had some powdered milk mixed in. Would of been better without the milk. Wasn't all that bad just not something Id eat every morning.

If you take 1-2 scoops of chocolate and put it in your oatmeal it tastes amazing! Just saw guys askin for bar recipe I will post it when I get home from gym

philw

Lil-Rokslider
I've mixed it up with almond butter and a little honey, formed it into thumbsized rolls, and rolled them in grated coconut, makes great snackage.

shaun

WKR
Here is my bar recipe some of you guys were requesting:

Ingredients
1/2 cup skim milk
1 cup natural-style peanut butter or low-fat peanut butter (i use the all natural)
1 tablespoon honey
1 1/4-1 1/2 cups of whey protein powder (i use gasparri myofusion vanilla)
2 cups dry uncooked oatmeal (not quick cooking kind)

Directions:
Combine PB, honey and milk in a pot.
Warm over low heat.
Add protein and mix
Add the oats.
You don't want to cook it, just warm it through so you can stir it.
Add more milk if it is too thick to stir.
Press in a 9" x 13" pan.
Let the bars sit until cool

It says recipe was for 16 bars but I cut it to 8bars to double nutritional quantities. I also myself aqjust the protein content so these are just approximates goin off my book. They are the best tasting ones I have came across so far.
Totals:
Cal- 280
Fat- 16
Carb- 24
Pro- 16

OBP

WKR
Shaun, I made a batch of your bars tonight. Those things are awesome, no more cliff bars for me. Thanks for the idea!

trk3263

WKR
Do you have the bars cold or anything? If your not really cooking them what happens with the skim milk. Will it go bad?

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I really like this pancake/ waffle recipe.

1/2 cup old fashioned oats (cooked)
-- Just cook them like regular with 1/2 cup of milk. Never tried to make this recipe using water though.
1/4 cup cottage cheese -- totally optional but it helps with the consistency and you can't taste it
2 scoops protein powder -- it may seem like too much at first but keep mixing it and it will eventually mix right in nicely.
1/4 cup egg whites.
Some cinnamon -- obviously optional, but it gives it a good "breakfast" flavor to me. Especially when I add cooked apples with it.
Mix this all up and cook it just like a pancake or waffle. This usually makes 2 fairly good sized power pancakes. I like to top mine with peanut butter, bananas, apples, and honey.

My wife (personal trainer/nutritionist) makes some yummy food with protein powder. She sells her own pancake/waffle mix. Its tasty. And she makes some killer no bake (protein) cookies. I eat oatmeal and chocolate protein about once a week.

ScottP

WKR

Ingredients
1/2 cup skim milk
1 cup natural-style peanut butter or low-fat peanut butter (i use the all natural)
1 tablespoon honey

Directions:
Warm over low heat.
Add protein and mix
Add the oats.
Press in a 9" x 13" pan.

It says recipe was for 16 bars but I cut it to 8bars to double nutritional quantities. I also myself aqjust the protein content so these are just approximates goin off my book. They are the best tasting ones I have came across so far.
Totals:
Cal- 280
Fat- 16
Carb- 24
Pro- 16

Bringing this thread back to life, I made this recipe yesterday. Has anyone tried storing them in the freezer? If so, did they keep well? I'm considering making a couple batches to stockpile for the fall.

Pretty tasty recipe here, and a significant savings over chowing down clif bars all the time.

Ingredients
1/2 cup skim milk
1 tablespoon honey

Directions:
Warm over low heat.
Add protein and mix
Add the oats.
Press in a 9" x 13" pan.

Totals:
Cal- 280
Fat- 16
Carb- 24
Pro- 16

Just made up some of these and they're pretty darn good! I used chocolate whey protein and whole milk instead of skim (all I had). Going to vacuum seal them and see how they tasted on a trip this weekend!

Mike

ScottP

WKR
I double wrapped one and put it in the freezer. Will try it out in a month and report back on how it holds up, or doesn't.