Prvi brass

Some older retired guy I know at the range yesterday was claiming Prvi bought old Lapua machinery and the new brass is really good.

He tends to shoot real small groups with an ancient Tasco (now swfa) 10x... maybe he knows something?

Prvi in the past for me was fairly soft. Maybe 6 reloads and primer pockets would go and had to trim every other firing.

BuckSnort

WKR
The last Prvi brass I messed with had flash holes so off center that I pitched them for fear of bending a decapping pin... This was 2 years ago...

robtattoo

WKR
I've been shooting it for 4 years in my Swede. Last I checked I was on my 8th reload cycle (anneal every other loading) & it's as good today as the day I first fired it.

TauPhi111

WKR
Last year I made some handloads for my cousin's 8mm Mauser that were fairly hot compared to factory stuff with new PRVI brass. Flash holes were good. The ammo was quite accurate and when he gave me the brass back to load again, it looks to be fine. Decapped and resized just fine. IDK if the rumor about PRVI buying Lapua machinery is true, but the brass seemed OK to me.

MThuntr

WKR
Absolute junk. About 1 in 10 of the 7mm-08 brass primer pockets were so tight that I could dang near get away with using small rifle primers. 7mmRemMag brass has inconsistent case capacity, flash holes not punched completely, slag (or some other brass material) stuck to the case head, folded brass at case neck like there was too much material moved at one time. After tossing the entire lot, I have almost Lapua priced brass in Hornady and Federal.

Privi 303 brit brass here. No issues. Anneal every 5 firings. Medium loads, nothing hot hot hot. Accuracy is very acceptable for what the rifle is. No brass complaints here, but ymmv of course.

pullit

FNG
I bought 4 bags of 22-250 brass, I am still working on the first bag, but it is good stuff so far.
I bought 300 Lapua 243 brass years ago and it was pure junk. The shoulders had a small pucker and when you resized it, the neck would crack.
No doubt Lapua makes good brass, but I tell the above just to say that anyone can have a bad batch.

Sawfish

Lil-Rokslider
I have used Privi Brass in 7.62 x39, 25/06 Remington, and .303 British and have been very satisfied with its performance. Supposedly, the brass has been greatly approved over the past few years. I would buy it again.