PSA be careful how you store your freeze dried meals

Austink47

WKR
Just a friendly reminder to be careful how you store your freeze dried meals during the off season. I lost 4 to a mouse. Apparently mice really like off grid bison mac and cheese. Mine are in a Rubbermaid now.BA1C5A20-BA6C-43C0-BDE2-0B752CFE6A04.jpeg

They opened up a new can of accurate no 7 on me. Hadn't gotten it put with the rest of my powder yet. Had it sitting in the garage just a little bit. Pissed me the hell off.

I hate rats and mice. Killed a few the last couple of days and hopefully more tonight

NorthernHunter

Lil-Rokslider
You just made me go check my stash. Lol. Thank goodness everything was ok. Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

OP
A

Austink47

WKR
You guys need better cats.

Rescue. Pretty sure she was feral.

View attachment 271775
Yeah my cat has turned in to a lazy piece of crap. But he has managed to dodge the eagles, owls, and coyotes.... so far. The funny thing is he spends a lot of time sleeping on the shelf right above the food the mice were getting into.

Fatcamp

WKR
Yeah my cat has turned in to a lazy piece of crap. But he has managed to dodge the eagles, owls, and coyotes.... so far. The funny thing is he spends a lot of time sleeping on the shelf right above the food the mice were getting into.

LOL. We have one like that too. :)

rayporter

WKR
my farrier was shoeing a horse in the barn and a mouse came out to steal some feed. 3 cats lay up in the hay watching the mouse.

by dark there were no cats on the farm.

ewade07

WKR
i had this exact same thing happen. thank god they little buggers only made it into a couple or the nearly 50 i had. i think if more than that had been touched i would have cried

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Could have just cut back their food. If they get hungry, they'll start hunting.
I grew up on a farm. My dad ordered my mom and sisters to stop feeding the cats. Those cats turned wild. We'd see them in the compost pit eating cantaloupe rinds. When we would walk past any thick cover, they'd jump out and attack a leg. My mom was taking a very large roast bone out to the dog one day, and one of the cats jumped off the deck and onto the platter.......knocking the bone and the platter to the ground, and then drug the bone into the thick cover of the garden.......growling as he went. I thought it was all was pretty funny. But the mice still seemed to thrive, especially near the grain bins.

I grew up on a farm. My dad ordered my mom and sisters to stop feeding the cats. Those cats turned wild. We'd see them in the compost pit eating cantaloupe rinds. When we would walk past any thick cover, they'd jump out and attack a leg. My mom was taking a very large roast bone out to the dog one day, and one of the cats jumped off the deck and onto the platter.......knocking the bone and the platter to the ground, and then drug the bone into the thick cover of the garden.......growling as he went. I thought it was all was pretty funny. But the mice still seemed to thrive, especially near the grain bins.
Sounds like they were hunting, just not mice.

mlgc20

WKR
How did that stay down? Any salad shooter action going on?
I don't know how it stayed down or really cause any issue. I do know that I have never seen a dog drink more than he did following eating that freeze dried meal. I guess between the extreme sodium and the stuff "rehydrating" in his stomach, it took all his moisture.