PSA: camelcamelcamel

I was listening to an old Back Country podcast on gear and the host mentioned the website www.camelcamelcamel.com which I have never heard of before but appears to be a really neat tool.

Camelcamelcamel is a Amazon.com price watching tool. If you are anything like me you consistently have 5-10 things in your basket or saved for later that you would like to buy but maybe you just don’t need now. Using CCC you can enter the web address to an item and you can see the pricing history of that item. Additionally, you can also set up a notification where CCC will email you when the price of the item has dropped and you have control over what that price drop threshold is. There also appears to be a feature where you can upload your entire Amazon wish list into the tool but I haven’t done that yet (I just discovered this site yesterday). The site also has a “Top Price Drops” that you can search for the current best deals which is sorted by category, drop type, and time period.

It's quite possible that I am just late to the party but I wanted to share with the Rokslide community just in case there are others out there in the dark as well. I am in the process of acquiring a bunch of gear for an elk hunt next year and I am hopeful this will save me a little money along the way.

Please share if there are other sites out there that accomplish a similar task.

As my wife always says when she comes home with a new pair of shoes, “They were 40% off so they were basically giving them away!” We shall find out if that is a two way street…

NDGuy

WKR
Use it all the time. Got my Athlon Ares Spotter for $485 shipped because of CCC.

Works slick but dangerous for the wallet ;)