PSA... New Swaro ATC Compact Spotter In Stock @CameralandNY! Field Review to Come Soon!

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Just got off the phone with @gr8fuldoug and Neil over at Cameraland in NY... They just received a shipment of ATC units from Swaro.

I ordered a brand new Swaroviski ATC 17-40x56 and I am really excited to get it into the field for my Coues Deer hunt in Arizona after Thanksgiving.

There is very little field use videos that I can find on YouTube, maybe Facebook and Instagram have some, but I don't use any of that... If anyone would like photos, videos, and a personal review I can begin writing my thoughts/notes here. I plan to use it with my lightweight tripod and Outdoorsman's adapter for an all-in spotting scope/tripod package that will be under 5 lbs total.

I'll be back from Minnesota deer rifle season on November 12th and will have the ATC in hand then. I plan to get real world weights on my calibrated scale, get some photos and videos up, and start using it my backyard to get used to it. 2 weeks after that I'll be down near Mexico for Coues Deer rifle, where I plan to rely on this little guy for hopefully finding some decent bucks.

Again if you have any questions, or want anything field specific answered feel free to ask herein the thread or PM and I'll give you a shout back when I can.

Thanks!

John

OP
mxgsfmdpx

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Looking forward to it, thanks. I’m most interested in how it does in low light. I’ve got the Kowa 554 and I’m kinda disappointed with it at the upper end of magnification in low light.
This and field of view are the main reasons I wanted to try the Swaro. The specs look to be a significant improvement over the Kowa... Maybe not for the price tag, but we will see! I sold my Kowa 554 but maybe I could get my hands on another for some field comparison testing.

I look forward to your thoughts. I too ordered one, the STC. I will write up some thoughts and add pics for people once I have in had. I too plan to take on my coues hunt after thanksgiving in AZ here.

OP
mxgsfmdpx

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I look forward to your thoughts. I too ordered one, the STC. I will write up some thoughts and add pics for people once I have in had. I too plan to take on my coues hunt after thanksgiving in AZ here.
Right on! I'll be in 36A, the hunt after Thanksgiving as well, and plan to bring my new ATC along.