PSA... Optics Planet

tdhanses

WKR
A buddy of mine returned an item and never heard anything, he called on the status of the return refund 10 days after they received. All they told him was they couldn’t refund him due to condition, he returned item as received. When he asked what they were talking about all they said is we are done with this and will not refund.

ive bought a ton from them over the years but will no longer do business if they won’t even tell you why they will not refund a return. He is disputing the charge with his credit card company, sucks to have to do.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Well, would like to hear more of the backstory. Campsaver is owned by OP so keep that in mind as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've tried to buy things on two separate occasions with them and both times it went south. One time I received the wrong item (not even close) and the second time I was charged twice and it took forever to have them remove the second charge.

Tagging to hear the back story on this one.
I recently returned a Trijicon scope to them. What I recieved was clearly damaged before being packaged for shipping (ding in the objective housing) , they said I couldn't return it because it was damaged in transit and had to file a claim with the shipper. BS.They did finally agree to send a call tag after a a week of back and forth bullshit about their return policies. My other gripe is they advertise everything in stock but it seems like most of it takes 3-4 days to actually be shipped out. OP is always my last choice for online shopping.

Jdhunttrapfish

Lil-Rokslider
Lots of complaints about OP. The two transactions I attempted went bad as well. They need to stop advertising gear they simply do not have.
Yes this, I waited two months for a treestand I backordered to come, at first they said two weeks and it would be sent out then another two and so on, finally I just cancelled the order because I was sick of waiting

Rich M

WKR
I've purchased some stuff from OP and haven't had to return anything. Ditto for Camera Land and SWFA.

OP
tdhanses

tdhanses

WKR
Well, would like to hear more of the backstory. Campsaver is owned by OP so keep that in mind as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The item he bought comes in two sizes, he wasn’t aware of that when ordering and they didn’t list it or have a size selection.

When he got it he found it didn’t fit, called them and they gave him a RMA, he shipped it back UPS the next day in the original packaging and box. The rest is the original post.

He really was flabbergasted as to why they wouldn’t even tell him the reason for not refunding and became jerks.

Now he has to dispute the charge with his credit card company. When talking to him you could see he was just in shock and had a wtf just happened tone.

Elk97

WKR
I've ordered several things from OP but not for a few years. Sounds like things have gone downhill. Thanks for the heads up.

i had a similar experience...it eventually sorted out and it wasnt a huge deal for me at the time....it eventually was taken care of but it was a big time PITA

CorbLand

WKR
Anyone that hasn’t been refunded do they send the item back to you? Seems like it would be theft if you send it back to them and they don’t give you the money or item back regardless of condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
Sucks man, Camera land and Euro optic have been great for me. As mentioned above, CALL DOUG!!! He meets or beats almost every price I have approached with.

Weird, I haven't ever had a problem ordering from them before. My last order was a trigger, which I received, but I did also receive some anti walk pins for an AR which I did not order. They made sure I hadn't been charged for them, apologized and told me to keep them.

I hate to pile on, but, I also had a bad experience about 18 months ago. I had been searching for a specific item and OP was the only place showing it in stock after extensive looking. To be sure, I called them and asked about it to confirm they had it. Upon confirmation I placed the order over the phone and added a couple small items as well. About ten days later I received one of the small items with a backorder slip for the other small item and the main item.
I called to ask about it and remind them of my phone conversation confirming in stock and shipping times when I ordered. Not much help. Almost two weeks later the second small item arrived and, I kid you not, it literally fell apart into several broken pieces when I opened the package.
After another 5 weeks the main item shipped out to me. No responses to my inquiries or complaints through the entire process. Over 8 weeks for an item ”confirmed in stock to ship the next day”.