PSE 2021 carbon ?

SquirrelyDan

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone heard anything about the PSE carbons for 2021? Iam looking to buy a Mach 1 but hear rumors about a new carbon for this year. Any info is appreciated.

Yooper

WKR
Little bit of chatter on the AT PSE brand pages. From the info there it sounds like something could be released mid-summer. Speculation of longer ATA (34-35"). I have the Mach 1 and while I wouldn't mind a little longer ATA I'm more than happy with my bow. I guess it just depends on what your needs/wants are.

OP
SquirrelyDan

SquirrelyDan

Lil-Rokslider
Iam coming from a carbon stealth which has been great. I like the idea of a longer ata but can’t decide if it’s worth the wait. Thanks

Last edited:

dkime

WKR
If you look at what they did with the EVL; it only makes sense to carry those designs over to the carbon bows. IMHO youd be best served waiting for a bow with more shim room and static yokes.

OR Archer

WKR
If PSE does what they did to the EVL aluminum in a carbon, I will be running to my shop.
GAS is offering the static yoke piece with their PSE string bundles as an option. Doesn’t solve the stupid shim issue but there’s options to upgrade the older design.

OP
SquirrelyDan

SquirrelyDan

Lil-Rokslider
Man this is tough one. The Mach 1 seems like a worthy upgrade but the new rumors seem real promising. Heard on a nock on episode Pete Shelley saying the new bow is the “ultimate lightweight hunting bow”. I don’t think my dealer could get me a Mach 1 anytime soon anyhow.

rootacres

WKR
Theres no question that the axles, yoke and shims on the EVL are a nice step up but it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. Ive had my EVL 32 for a few weeks now and didn't need to use the new features to get a bullet hole through paper. Thats with running it with its 80# limbs maxed out. All my Evos, NTN, and Carbon Airs tuned pretty easy.

dkime

WKR
If you look at what they did with the EVL; it only makes sense to carry those designs over to the carbon bows. IMHO youd be best served waiting for a bow with more shim room and static yokes.

To follow up, we recieved a 2021 Mach 1 yesterday. Static yokes and the original limb pockets and shim pack. I was a bit let down. Still a fine bow if carbon is your thing but not perfect.