PSE Levitate Warning

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
Well finally got my levitate today. I placed my order on 11/23 and it got to my door today. A little over the 5 weeks I was quoted but what you gonna do? I don’t think this will be a review, just some observations from someone who knows very little, doesn’t seem to be a ton out there, or maybe I’m just not looking.
Specs:
PSE Levitate- grey with subalpine limbs
80lbs- 82lbs on my scale
E2 Cam
6in brace- measures right at 6
32.25 ATA- measured right on
3.6lbs- measured 3.6lbs, feels like nothing in your hand

Overall I think I’m going to like it. I understand the compromises you make with this bow but will do so happily. It’s also nice when a bow comes in spec, my last two have not. Unfortunately I won’t have time to set this up for a while, but I’ll updated when I do. Have some Easton axis (560g) and TKOs(500g) I’ll be shooting through the chrono at some point. Any questions let me know and I’ll attempt to answer.1EAE2C24-D6FC-4704-BABD-3EE729BAED1E.jpeg
6672880D-40B2-4D82-91E7-9B8C4F81860A.jpeg00221C0D-4D47-4538-9D10-E7F6EC645AD2.jpeg

FF174B53-CE00-4711-97B6-8D0F4AAA06F9.jpeg

Ucsdryder

WKR
Man, for 2000 dollars I’d really expect more than “I think I’ll like it” and “I understand the compromises with this bow”. Let us know when you shoot it!

HbDane

WKR
I have a 70lb Levitate and love the bow!! I will say shooting it with only a whisker biscuit at the shop compared to with my sight, hamskea trinity, and stabilizer is night and day difference. All felt vibration from test shooting it at the shop had completely disappeared. People say the draw is agressive. I thought it was stout for the first couple shots and then you get used to it and it goes away. Congratulations on your bow, they shoot and hold phenomenally. I only have a sight, rest, front stab, and quiver on mine and loaded, it's lighter than most bare bows

OP
Turkeygetpwnd38

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
Made some time and threw some stuff on there I had laying around. I’m not sure this is how it’ll stay set up but right now it’s a 5lbs. I got to shoot it a little and was impressed. Draw cycle is good, maybe a little aggressive but you pull it back and let go, it’ll shoot. Very little vibration at shot once everything was bolted on. I will say don’t just grab a bow straight out of the box, tie a D-loop on and draw it back. It came from factory at 28” draw, 82lbs and set to 90% let off…. Letting down 82lbs at 90% let off at a DL that is 2” to short is not something I want to do twice 😂 I’ll try to get it through the chronograph for those who are interested in the next few days.
EC19A43A-2813-4D5D-BFB3-56E413B21333.jpeg

HbDane

WKR
Made some time and threw some stuff on there I had laying around. I’m not sure this is how it’ll stay set up but right now it’s a 5lbs. I got to shoot it a little and was impressed. Draw cycle is good, maybe a little aggressive but you pull it back and let go, it’ll shoot. Very little vibration at shot once everything was bolted on. I will say don’t just grab a bow straight out of the box, tie a D-loop on and draw it back. It came from factory at 28” draw, 82lbs and set to 90% let off…. Letting down 82lbs at 90% let off at a DL that is 2” to short is not something I want to do twice 😂 I’ll try to get it through the chronograph for those who are interested in the next few days.
View attachment 402457
I found shooting the Levitate at 80% letoff made the draw noticeably better. It basically got rid of the"dump" at the very end. At least that was my experience at 29/70.

Venator

Lil-Rokslider
Really interested in this bow, no shop near me has got one in to shoot yet…..
I pulled RX7 ultra at 70#, V3X at 65#. I’m usually a mid 60# due to shoulder surgery. Is the draw cycle extremely aggressive or just some muscle memory? Could I buy the 70# and shoot down at 63# and enjoy it?
I know, I know try and find one shoot for yourself……. Just wondering some opinions from guys who’ve been fortunate enough to get one

I pulled RX7 ultra at 70#, V3X at 65#. I’m usually a mid 60# due to shoulder surgery. Is the draw cycle extremely aggressive or just some muscle memory? Could I buy the 70# and shoot down at 63# and enjoy it?
I know, I know try and find one shoot for yourself……. Just wondering some opinions from guys who’ve been fortunate enough to get one
PSE says you can go down 10 turns and each turn is about 2# draw weight (I‘ve verified on my Levitate that it’s 2# per turn), so on a 70# Levitate you can go as low as 50#. I’ve shot mine from 60 to the 71.5# and it’s all been good. It’s a smooth draw cycle in my experience and very easy to pull at 60# or so.

OP
Turkeygetpwnd38

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I’ve got mine about set up and the more I shoot it the more I like it. I think you’d be fine, I probably wouldn’t shoot it at the 90% let off, if you ever let down it could be an issue, but at 80% you should have no problems. You could definitely turn it down and enjoy it. Probably a great bow for lighter weight since it is on the fast side.

OP
Turkeygetpwnd38

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
Update:
I’ve been traveling a lot lately and haven’t gotten to shoot a lot, but I’m around 500 shots on it. A few notes:
- my backup bow is a Mathew’s 31.5VXR. Shooting them side by side is a huge difference. The Mathews is set at 76lbs and the PSE at 72 right now, the Mathews feels considerably easier to draw back. Once you are holding their isn’t a difference
- I know all bows are notorious for Mods coming loose and making noise, but this thing is next level (it does weigh 3lbs so understandable). Definitely put loctite on all mod/let off screws, they didn’t appear to have any from factory
- I’m a 30” draw with Hoyt and Mathews, I started at 30 with this and eventually moved up to 30.5.
- Stock strings are suspect (surprise surprise). I’m have serving separation at the roller guard and unraveling where rip cord is put through cable for rest. Peep rotation has been an issue as well. I’m changing strings tomorrow.

Overall still happy with the bow. Next few weeks will get into serious arrow/broadhead tuning and get some chrono numbers. Hunting season starts in 2 weeks!

Super 91

Lil-Rokslider
Nice! I have one of these ordered for a buddy of mine. All grey or charcoal I think is the color that it's coming in. Should be pretty sweet. Sounds like you are enjoying yours!

TristanJH

Lil-Rokslider
I picked one up used at a relative "deal" and I've been pleased.
  • It's fast and it feels like a fast bow, with a sharp transition from peak to valley.
  • peep rotation has been an issue
  • The trade-off of light-weight is susceptibility to being blown off target, balance and extra weight are definitely recommended
  • Steady-holding, damp in the hand and quiet for how quick it is.
  • very solid construction

OP
Turkeygetpwnd38

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I picked one up used at a relative "deal" and I've been pleased.
  • It's fast and it feels like a fast bow, with a sharp transition from peak to valley.
  • peep rotation has been an issue
  • The trade-off of light-weight is susceptibility to being blown off target, balance and extra weight are definitely recommended
  • Steady-holding, damp in the hand and quiet for how quick it is.
  • very solid construction
I had issues with peep rotation on the stock string, along with serving separation, but swapping strings/cables solved all issues