PSE new Carbon Air

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Im putting the training wheels back on just for this bow. Anyone else looking forward to it? 1500$ price tag but looks well worth it. From the reviews its getting (limited since its not been released yet) looks like a real winner. Never owned a PSE but I may after I try one out.

[video=youtube;-grVcBUR2dU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-grVcBUR2dU[/video]

Review here. Not sure who this guy is but he must be close to someone in the PSE Company.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3019370

Product Description

You’ve never shot anything like the monocoque-designed 2016 PSE Carbon Air®, a revolutionary new  breakthrough in bow technology. Engineered  with our new PSE True Carbon™Technology, the PSE C arbon Air® is the lightest ultra-performance compound bow on the market  at just over 3 lbs. The Carbon Air® is also dead quiet and comfortable in  your hand, with PSE’s proprietary Structural, Rigi d Acoustic Core (S-RAC) suppressing noise and vibration, as well as a cting with the carbon as an insulator against the heat and cold.

Never before has so much cutting-edge technology  been packed into one bow…a customized PSE HD hybrid cam delivers a smooth dra w cycle throughout, while the Center Lock Speed Po cket and patented X-Force™ parallel split limbs give the Carbon Air® t he energy to fire arrows at a blazing 340 fps.

The Carbon Air® is available in peak weights up to  70 lbs. with an 80% let-off, 6-1/8” brace height, and 32” axle to axle. It also com es standard with PSE’s all-new features; Backstop™ 4, SHOCK MODZ™ Limb Damper s, and factory ships with ABB Platinum Strings and  genuine titanium pocket hardware. The Carbon Air also includes the exclusive Carbon Air carry case, available only for a limited time.

The Carbon Air is not sold online and is available EXCLUSIVELY at your local PSE Dealer. Click here to find a dealer near you!

Available in all Black, or black riser with Mossy Oak Break-Up Country limbs, or black riser with Skullworks 2 limbs.

http://pse-archery.com/shop/pro-series-compound-bows/pse-carbon-air/#prettyPhoto

velvetfvr

WKR
I like pses but idk about this one. I honestly wouldn't get it brand new. If they made a longer version that was 340+fps I'd be more interested.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I like pses but idk about this one. I honestly wouldn't get it brand new. If they made a longer version that was 340+fps I'd be more interested.

From what I have heard and because my local shop carries PSE as their main bows I have faith that any issues would be taken care of without a problem. I get the reservations though. Always a bit shakey with new bows and technology coming out. I expect some bugs so we will see. My shop Quickdraw Archery will be the first in Colorado to receive the new Bows. Already told my friend and own of the shop to put my name on one. Excited to try it out.

velvetfvr

WKR
From what I have heard and because my local shop carries PSE as their main bows I have faith that any issues would be taken care of without a problem. I get the reservations though. Always a bit shakey with new bows and technology coming out. I expect some bugs so we will see. My shop Quickdraw Archery will be the first in Colorado to receive the new Bows. Already told my friend and own of the shop to put my name on one. Excited to try it out.

I think it'll hold up but I'm more interested in a longer ata bow. Not sure I'd want a bow that light.

maverick351

Lil-Rokslider
It's a Hoyt carbon element rip off and its filled with foam. I live in the state PSE is made in and we still don't have any in stores. The one the rep brought by to demo was never shot and in less than 50 shots was chewing through the cables. I am definitely not at all impressed. At $1000 its over priced. $1500 is way too much IMHO

It's a Hoyt carbon element rip off and its filled with foam. I live in the state PSE is made in and we still don't have any in stores. The one the rep brought by to demo was never shot and in less than 50 shots was chewing through the cables. I am definitely not at all impressed. At $1000 its over priced. $1500 is way too much IMHO

So it's a rip off because it's carbon...? And the cables were wearing on a design that PSE has been using for years? A lot of hate put into that one post. Not my cup of tea but I bet it shoots well. And it is light. People will buy it.

jmez

WKR
The riser will be stiffer than the aluminum models. Definitely will give it a different feel on the shot than an aluminum bow.

velvetfvr

WKR
Well, of course it is........it's a PSE. And I still shoot a PSE.

I'm just wondering what this bow does that any of their others won't do??

Honestly it's just a few oz lighter then any other bows. Archery today is really finding the bow that fits your personal preference since their are so many combinations that achieve the same performance.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I love the look and from what I hear it shoots amazing. Can't wait till my shop has one for me to try. Have a feeling I'm gonna end up taking it home.

OR Archer

WKR
I like that they are finally trying something new. Although carbon isn't a new material the process for which they are using to construct the riser is for archery. From what I understand about the process it creates an incredible strong one piece riser. I'm also glad they chose that cam. Its in my opinion the best tuning cam system that they make. I'll be interested to see just how it shoots. We have a few of these coming in. My opinion is that they wont be flying off the shelf but will be a good seller for PSE and you will see them use that riser construction process more in the future.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I like that they are finally trying something new. Although carbon isn't a new material the process for which they are using to construct the riser is for archery. From what I understand about the process it creates an incredible strong one piece riser. I'm also glad they chose that cam. Its in my opinion the best tuning cam system that they make. I'll be interested to see just how it shoots. We have a few of these coming in. My opinion is that they wont be flying off the shelf but will be a good seller for PSE and you will see them use that riser construction process more in the future.

I think you hit the nail on the head OR Archer. Will snap some photos of it when it hits my local pro shop. No other company has put out a carbon bow that is made the same way high performance racing cars are made.

jmez

WKR
I think you hit the nail on the head OR Archer. Will snap some photos of it when it hits my local pro shop. No other company has put out a carbon bow that is made the same way high performance racing cars are made.

That has a bit more to do with the moldability/shapeability of the differing carbon manufacturing processes than the actual structural properties. When you get through the marketing the monocoque is know as designer carbon as it can be made much more aesthetic than other forms. At least in the bicycle world it hasn't shown to have any structural superiority or enhanced ride characteristics over layered or tube frames.

maverick351

Lil-Rokslider
No its a rip off because of the tec bridge design stolen from Hoyt and the fact it looks extremely similar to a carbon element. The cable design they are using isn't their old one. I've had it in my hands and it was different. I also didn't care for the expanding foam core.

OR Archer

WKR
No its a rip off because of the tec bridge design stolen from Hoyt and the fact it looks extremely similar to a carbon element. The cable design they are using isn't their old one. I've had it in my hands and it was different. I also didn't care for the expanding foam core.

The bridged riser isn't even a Hoyt innovation. It was first introduced by Martin archery years before Hoyt started using it on their risers. So not exactly ripping Hoyt off there.

velvetfvr

WKR

Hoyt stole it from Martin so they both ripped off Martin if you want to get technical

husky390

WKR
For that kind of money I'd get a Hoyt. Or save half of it and buy a Bowtech before I dropped the coin on that PSE. I shoot a Full Throttle and a Phenom so I'm not a PSE hater. I guess I just don't see the point of this bow.