PSE new Carbon Air

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
For that kind of money I'd get a Hoyt. Or save half of it and buy a Bowtech before I dropped the coin on that PSE. I shoot a Full Throttle and a Phenom so I'm not a PSE hater. I guess I just don't see the point of this bow.

Come shoot it Dave and you'll walk away with a smile guaranteed. I dropped the cash now the wait begins.

MTarrowflinger

Lil-Rokslider
That's one of the ugliest bows I've ever seen.

It may very well be amazing; but, I bought a Carbon Spyder a year ago and don't plan on parting with it any time soon. Dead in the hand, small, quiet, lightweight, and fast. I couldn't think of any other attributes I cared about.

Not saying this PSE isn't a great bow, it just isn't outrageously better than other bows out there and certainly isn't enough to make me put down my CS30.

I'm sure folks will buy it and PSE fanboys will never let us hear the end of it. It just really seems to me like they needed an answer to Hoyt's carbon line, made it, and didn't really knock it out of the park.

kodiakfly

WKR
It'll be interesting to watch this bow over the next year. Reviews, bugs, etc. I've sold and serviced PSEs but never owned one so I'm more optimistic about them bringing this bow to market than I would be other companies. Keep us posted.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
That's one of the ugliest bows I've ever seen.

It may very well be amazing; but, I bought a Carbon Spyder a year ago and don't plan on parting with it any time soon. Dead in the hand, small, quiet, lightweight, and fast. I couldn't think of any other attributes I cared about.

Not saying this PSE isn't a great bow, it just isn't outrageously better than other bows out there and certainly isn't enough to make me put down my CS30.

I'm sure folks will buy it and PSE fanboys will never let us hear the end of it. It just really seems to me like they needed an answer to Hoyt's carbon line, made it, and didn't really knock it out of the park.

Ugly?

Sorry but the Hoyt Carbon Bows look like they have just been processed through a noodle maker. paint flaking issues They still havent gotten that one right. you can see all the posts about people asking if that is normal on AT.

Hoyt Carbon Bows = Made in China
PSE Carbon Air = Made in the USA

Hoyt Carbon bows are fused pieces of tubes twisted together for strength
PSE Carbon Monocoque construction creates a single structural carbon fiber shell

Hoyt Carbon = Hollow tubes
PSE Carbon = filled with proprietary Structural Rigid Acoustic Core (S-RAC™) Technology. (they use this stuff on the space shuttle) This also makes the bow a solid unit no hollow filled tubes.

Hoyt = Stainless hardware
PSE = Titanium hardware

Hoyt = 1400$
PSE = 1500$ and comes with a Bow case and custom strings.

On paper you start to really see the value of what PSE offers over the Hoyt Carbon Bows.

Not saying either bow is better then the other here. But when you get down to the technology and the materials my money is much better spent on an American made bow over Chinese manufactured bow.

But hey what do I know... Bottom line shoot what you want spend your money on what you want. I know I did :p

MTarrowflinger

Lil-Rokslider
I still think it's hideous and I know Hoyt's are ugly. That's the main reason I never even put one in my hand until last year. I always thought the looked like some gnarled oak tree root system. This is the first Hoyt I've ever shot. I went to a shop and put all prejudice aside and just said I was gonna shoot em all and pick which one felt the best. The Hoyt won.

Of course, if the Hoyt technology has been out for a few years, PSE knows exactly how to market their new offering against Hoyt. The problem is, they missed the bus and it might affect their sales. I'm not even going to go shoot one because I know I'm not getting rid of my Hoyt to buy the PSE. I wonder how many people are in that boat with me - not just with Hoyt.

I'm sure that bow case and strings make up for the price difference!

I don't claim to be any expert; but, my Hoyt does have a "Made in USA" sticker on it...? Can of worms = opened.

charvey9

WKR
So they definately need some help in the marketing department. Lost me when the violin and symphony music started playing.

kodiakfly

WKR
On paper you start to really see the value of what PSE offers over the Hoyt Carbon Bows...

....Not saying either bow is better then the other here.

Well, ya kinda are saying that. LOL. :p

Like I said, I'm interested to see how this bow does. I own two carbon Hoyts and they've done (are still doing) me well, but I think PSE brings a decent product to market. I just don't think it's leaps and bounds ahead of Hoyt. Titanium isn't always better than stainless or aluminum, they use Dacron in the space program too and they used it on bow strings 30 years ago, my CST ZT says "Made in USA" on it...

I like that PSE took their own approach to the carbon bow thing. I remember when PSE put out the G-Force. That thing was it's own bow too. It was fast like HC and the reflex was pretty radical for the time. Let us know how it shoots, if there's any flex, how the finish lasts and so on. I'd love to shoot this sometime, but it'll probably be a while before I get to actually lay hands on one.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Saw this bow last night. Kinda bummed that it's like the Hoyts in that I can't shoot a RH model left-handed.......comfortably. On the other hand, this bow is WAY too light for me. I'd need to add about 2lbs of bottom weight to it to feel comfortable. And that's besides the fact that the bow just doesn't fit me to start with, but I'm sure some short dudes will like it.:D

raydyne

FNG
In my local archery shop, 'Carbon Air' is the current best seller though still in pre order. So they certainly did something right.