PSE NTN 33 vs Mathews Atlas

Mowy33

FNG
Has anyone compared these two directly? If so what are your thoughts? My use case would be backpack hunting. Thank you.

I think the Atlas is pretty underwhelming. It's clocking a blazing 350 fps at 34", which is about like 310 ibo.

The Atlas is a huge bow, long riser, big cams, it's much more like a 36" ATA bow.

I don't have a lot of experience with the PSE, I think it's a quality bow, I think the Mathews is as well. But I don't see them being very similar. I think the NTN compares better to the V3 31 than to the Atlas. The Atlas is just a purpose built bow for big guys.

OR Archer

WKR
If you’re not a 32” plus draw then I wouldn’t even consider an Atlas. If you’re just looking for bows in the 33-34” A2A range there’s better options in my opinion. The PSE EVL 34, Hoyt Ventum 33, Xpedition X33, or a used Mathews Traverse would all be better choices than the two you mentioned in my opinion. All of the bows I listed will shoot as good if not better performance and tune much easier.

OP
M

Mowy33

FNG
Got it. Thank you all for the input. My draw length is 31.5 so that does limit me a little bit

I upgraded to an Atlas this year due to my draw length, it’s an awesome bow but I wouldn’t recommend it unless you are 33”+ draw length. It’s a very heavy bow but shoots great.