PSE Revenge or Mathews solo cam?

Hello, first post here on Rokslide.

I’m fairly new to the archery world, so I need some advice and decision making help from you wiser more experienced folks out there. I’m trying to gear up for spring turkey and hopefully my first archery whitetail this fall.

I currently have an older Mathews solo cam (machined riser, solid limbs… see attached pics) that, other than being old technology, is in great condition, though it now needs a new string and possibly sight block (crack at the thread of the vertical adjustment for the block… not my doing and I could probably fix it, as it currently holds position just fine). My pro shop told me about $130 for the string. A decent sight block looks like will cost at least $150 if not more.

So my question is, is it worth putting the money into the Mathews or would I be better off picking up a used PSE Revenge that is newer technology and way more adjustable? There are a few of the Revenges I have my eye on that are around $400 and are complete w/quiver, sight, rest, stabilizer. Thanks in advance

B32AC620-ED84-4538-B80B-AADC506DF3AA.jpegCF2E56B3-B17C-42CA-BEF7-3FFD72FF1E06.jpeg4957D923-2E77-4352-9493-F3018E97766E.jpeg

OP
T
With a new sting and properly tuned, that Matthews will shoot as good as any of the new stuff.
Thanks. I was hoping that would be the case. I needed to know if it was worth putting the money into maintaining it or not.

Aside from the adjustability in draw length that the PSE offers, what are the benefits of a dual cam, split limb bow like the Xforce/Revenge?

A sight is a sight. Being that it's cracked, doesn't effect the performance of the bow, it just means that it will probably fail at some point while you're shooting. The full fail will probably happen either when on a hunt or finish your 3d shoot.

.. String replacement should only be a consideration if you're using a waaaaaay old bow that has actual metal cables.. Those are near impossible to find and are usually expensive. But your bow shop quoted you $130 which is inline with industry standard. You're ALWAYS going to need a new string every few years so

I'd say for $350 you can replace your sight with a "good condition used" and replace your string which puts you into a couple years of shooting for no extra cost except for broken arrows