PTG Rem 700 b12

Alchemy

WKR
Any thoughts on the PTG b12 short actions?
can purchase one with triggertech for the price of a new Stiller, Gunwerks, defiance.

looking to build a semi lightweight hunter/plinker in 6mmCM with a 20” PROOF sendero light, manners eh6, ADL bottom

OP
Alchemy

Alchemy

WKR
Thanks gentelman.
406smith- is the only advantage of a prefit barrel if you shoot ALOT and want to swap bbl yourself without buying a blank and having a pro do the service for you? I have no needs personally for multi caliber guns, just curious what the advantage would be going with an origin action and pre fit bbl’s

OP
Alchemy

Alchemy

WKR
100%
I never really took into account getting the action finished, recoil lugs, etc. with all those extras it’s really a no brainer.

so......

What are the best places/websites to get all the stuff I need? I’m pretty out of the loop in the LR world, kids and job kinda squashed that hobby when I had to prioritize my hobbies and I’m no longer in that world. Where is the best places to buy from these days?

I’d look real hard at the Evo SS or BH origin. I talked to the guys at PVA and they said they’re looking into the possibility of prefits for the Evo. If they’re able to do it, I’d pick one up for sure. The Origins are well established as a quality action for the price. I’d also look at Alamo Precision Rifles in house action. It’s a copy of the Ed brown 704(700 footprint, CRF) made by TL Technologies and last I checked they’re pretty affordable. I built my 280ai on an early one and am quite happy.

Thanks for the info! I am in the middle of having my smith put together a ”parts” rifle from stuff I have accumulated. I ended up going with a ptg model 7 to accommodate my parts list. It will be more of a truck gun so, it should be fine!

Thanks gentelman.
406smith- is the only advantage of a prefit barrel if you shoot ALOT and want to swap bbl yourself without buying a blank and having a pro do the service for you? I have no needs personally for multi caliber guns, just curious what the advantage would be going with an origin action and pre fit bbl’s

Prefits are nice just because it seems to reduce lead times too. You are more likely to find a barrel readily available or a smith who uses CNC can just add it into the list of barrels he is chambering for a given action without changing the programming for a different action. There is also the benefit of a resale market if you ever change your mind.

hard to find reviews on the SS Mack bros but that seems like a hell of a deal!

I would not hesitate to go with a Mack Bros action! In fact, I will be using one for my next build! People who have used their Titanium EVO love them. Annnnnnnd.... they make GAPs Tempest action for them if that tells you anything.

I would not hesitate to go with a Mack Bros action! In fact, I will be using one for my next build! People who have used their Titanium EVO love them. Annnnnnnd.... they make GAPs Tempest action for them if that tells you anything.
Im patiently waiting for them to have standard boltfaces in stock for a 22 creed built. Dale said it should be soon. Then it’s off to Shaen for machine work.

Im patiently waiting for them to have standard boltfaces in stock for a 22 creed built. Dale said it should be soon. Then it’s off to Shaen for machine work.
That's awesome! I've got a 22creed in the works right now but it's on a BH Origin.

BigHorn Origin
Manners EH2
Bartlein 1:7.7 twist #3 to be finished at 22 or 24"
PTG DBM
TT Special
Zeiss V4 4-16x44