Public figure equipment

EJDXT21

Lil-Rokslider
I know it's not uncommon but it seems like lately I've noticed more public figures switching to different equipment. A recent post on here mentioned Steve Rinella using an EXO pack. I know he used to be all Outdoorsman's, then I saw him use an SG pack on his mountain goat hunt, now I hear about this. And didn't Remi Warren used to be a big Kuiu guy? I may be wrong. I thought I saw him using their stuff on some older episodes. Now he's all Under Armor. In the older Go Hunt videos, a lot of guys are wearing Kuiu. Now they mostly sell and promote Sitka. It's all great I'm sure. I'm mainly curious if they ever publicly comment on their reasoning for switching gear or if its' simply money driven. I know Remi Warren also was big on OnX wasn't he? I just saw an ad where he is endorsing Go Hunt for their draw odds. I wonder if he will be swapping over to their hunt app next?

Mtnboy

WKR
$$$$

To hunt for a "job" you have to sell your soul to the highest bidder.

Love it or hate it, right or wrong, that's the way it is.

Pursuit of the $. Companies do what they can to influence and create the lifestyle that hunters chase after. And those with a large target audience are the vessels to accomplish that through. It's not always bad but consumers need to be more careful with who they give their attention and dollars to. Some companies dish out lots of money and gear and some companies create a huge fanbase through public interaction and reputability.

Gear whores and They frequent the Rokslide classifieds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I just remembered a thread where a dude named elk reaper, or something close to that, was testing and pushing badlands.

I did too. That was my pack for a while. I found better.

Exposure is worth a lot. Took me a while to find the better packs out there.

OP
E

EJDXT21

Lil-Rokslider
I know I shouldn't expect different, after all they're businessmen/women. It just sucks it has to be about the money in a lot of cases. I hate to think there are people who are new to this and watch these people and think they have to put themselves in debt to buy all matching name brand equipment or else they won't be successful. I confess I bought some of the name brand stuff, but only after many hours of research, not just based on what one person was promoting. I bought it all on sale, and not all the camo patterns are the same. I bought what I thought would be best for me. Even though I'm new to this, I have friends that are interested in it who have never hunted. I reference some of these shows and public figures but always say to watch with caution. Watch to learn what the landscape looks like, how the animals react, the tactics used, ect., not worry about what gun they're shooting or what jacket they have on.

Roofer1

Lil-Rokslider
I've spent WAY too much on new gear in the last few years and ZERO decisions were made because of advertising. One thing that might have swayed any decisions were the opinions of what the folks on this forum. Thanks for the honesty Side note: The fella that taught me to hunt (pa) shot more deer in a camo suit that my mom than I have at this point in my life. Yeah... she went and bought camo material and sowed him a friggin' onesy. didn't mean to derail, sorry

Mtnboy

WKR
I've spent WAY too much on new gear in the last few years and ZERO decisions were made because of advertising. One thing that might have swayed any decisions were the opinions of what the folks on this forum. Thanks for the honesty Side note: The fella that taught me to hunt (pa) shot more deer in a camo suit that my mom than I have at this point in my life. Yeah... she went and bought camo material and sowed him a friggin' onesy. didn't mean to derail, sorry

You may truly believe that, but reality is...if it weren't for marketing you never would have known that gear existed to begin with.

We all want to think "I'm a grown man, I make my own decisions, I don't give a damn about marketing." but that just isn't reality. Whether you realize it or not, marketing is affecting your life and your decision making every. single. day.

Roofer1

Lil-Rokslider
You may truly believe that, but reality is...if it weren't for marketing you never would have known that gear existed to begin with.

We all want to think "I'm a grown man, I make my own decisions, I don't give a damn about marketing." but that just isn't reality. Whether you realize it or not, marketing is affecting your life and your decision making every. single. day.
Wait... I'm a grown man?! SWEET! :D . Joking aside, I can't argue with you on that point as I'm sitting here typing on my Dell laptop, wearing my Levi jeans, with a big wad of Copenhagen in my mouth. Guess my point was that I try to put more stock in what people like me thinks than some "salesman" on the tube.