Public Land in Wyoming at Risk?

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I get the frustration over Federal management, but IMHO we need to swing the pendulum more to the middle and away from the extremes.
If my mind, extreme right is NO federal land, all state land. Extreme Left is keep it Federal, lock everyone out, and let the animals run rampant with no management. We need to all do a better job of winning the battle for the middle. I think this is going to be a long battle that we have to stay on top off......

Perhaps Federal ownership with broad guidelines, but let the states manage the fine details? I think the ideal solution with have to make way for a middle ground of some sort. Concerned a bit about what that will end up being, or what that even looks like.

'I'm Wyoming's Donald Trump': Rex Rammell enters governor's race on libertarian right | 307 Politics | trib.com

Uh what? Am I reading his right?
“I would sign an executive order requiring the state police to arrest anybody that didn’t vacate their federal offices,” Rammell said. “We’re talking about the BLM, the Forest Service, U.S. Fish and Wildlife and the Park Service.”

Uh so he wants to sell it off?
Rammell believes that assuming control of all public land in Wyoming would solve the state’s budget deficit and secure its economic future by allowing state agencies to bypass federal regulations.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

JWP58

WKR
No, there is no risk, that guy is a loon. The numbers have been ran, its fiscally impossible for the State to absorb Federal land.

BuzzH

WKR
There is no way Rammell would be elected dog catcher of Bosler, let alone Governor of Wyoming.

The idea of transferring federal lands to the states has died on the vine, but still needs to be monitored and stomped into the dirt every time its brought up.

The issue of PLT is such a bad idea for so many reasons, its laughable that any candidates are still clinging to it as part of their policy/platform.

Hageman and Rammell are going nowhere in the Governors race. Its going to be either Murray or Gordon from the R's, IMO.

OP
Matt W.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good to hear... Didn't know how the political climate was in Wyoming... Lot of ideologies these days are pretty extreme.....

204guy

WKR
I'm not sure how to reach out to these people but there are an enormous number of people in the western states that do not hunt or fish or hike etc. What they do, do is head up to the mountains with there camper or tent and maybe their wheelers for the weekends. In WY these people are generally very conservative but would be Democrats for life if the Repubs ever got PLT through.

CorbLand

WKR
Rammell is a dumbass to put it nicely. He tried in Idaho and couldn't win. Guess its onto Wyoming to try.

Billinsd

WKR
Uh what? Am I reading his right?
“I would sign an executive order requiring the state police to arrest anybody that didn’t vacate their federal offices,” Rammell said. “We’re talking about the BLM, the Forest Service, U.S. Fish and Wildlife and the Park Service.”

Uh so he wants to sell it off?
Rammell believes that assuming control of all public land in Wyoming would solve the state’s budget deficit and secure its economic future by allowing state agencies to bypass federal regulations.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Uuuuuuuh, not exactly. I'd get someone to read and explain the article to you if you can. Good luck and read some books.

Billinsd

WKR
I'm not sure how to reach out to these people but there are an enormous number of people in the western states that do not hunt or fish or hike etc. What they do, do is head up to the mountains with there camper or tent and maybe their wheelers for the weekends. In WY these people are generally very conservative but would be Democrats for life if the Repubs ever got PLT through.
I don't t-h-i-n-k so.

JWP58

WKR
That's not nice and just because you disagree with someone does not make them dumb. What University did you graduate from?

I dont know Ol' Rex, but ill second the above. The guy sounds like a dumbass. He runs in multiple states and cant get elected, but just keeps at it. Now he's attempting to leach support off the current president's name (who im betting has never heard of the guy).

If he thinks "convincing" the feds to just hand over land is a great idea, then ya he's an idiot. Or he's eating too many edibles from CO.

Billinsd

WKR
The issue of PLT is such a bad idea for so many reasons, its laughable that any candidates are still clinging to it as part of their policy/platform.
Very conservative and/or Libertarian minded folks who think the federal government is too big, over reaching, too wasteful, and believe in more state control disagree.

Billinsd

WKR
I dont know Ol' Rex, but ill second the above. The guy sounds like a dumbass. He runs in multiple states and cant get elected, but just keeps at it. Now he's attempting to leach support off the current president's name (who im betting has never heard of the guy).

If he thinks "convincing" the feds to just hand over land is a great idea, then ya he's an idiot. Or he's eating too many edibles from CO.
He sounds real desperate trying to run in different states. I'd google Libertarian. That will give you lots of information to get idea of where he is coming from.

JWP58

WKR
He sounds real desperate trying to run in different states. I'd google Libertarian. That will give you lots of information to get idea of where he is coming from.

Id google moron, it might have more correlation.

Federally managed land in many cases out west were never property of the state to begin with. Selling it off will get no traction here, in Wy or anywhere....besides UT. And i would venture a guess that has more to do with Deseret, than "the evil feds being mean to us".

204guy

WKR
I don't t-h-i-n-k so.
Oh really tell me more about my friends and people I work and interact with everyday. These people have never heard of plt. And on its face because they have no love for FEDS they could be convinced its a good idea. After that first bad fire season or oil bust or whatever budget crisis, causes the state to start selling off their favotite campsite. That will be unforgivable in their eyes.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Billinsd

WKR
Oh really tell me more about my friends and people I work and interact with everyday. These people have never heard of plt. And on its face because they have no love for FEDS they could be convinced its a good idea. After that first bad fire season or oil bust or whatever budget crisis, causes the state to start selling off their favotite campsite. That will be unforgivable in their eyes.

All these people you know, who are Conservatives would vote Democrat forever? Probably not. Vote for a moderate Republican? Most likely.

204guy

WKR
All these people you know, who are Conservatives would vote Democrat forever? Probably not. Vote for a moderate Republican? Most likely.
Well considering they dislike moderate Republicans nearly as much as Dems and they see little difference between them. And the fact PLT would fall squarely on the Republican shoulders. It would turn a lot of people into 1 issue voters and I'd not be surprised to see WY go blue for awhile. But carry on you seem to have your finger on the pulse of things.

Billinsd

WKR
Well considering they dislike moderate Republicans nearly as much as Dems and they see little difference between them. And the fact PLT would fall squarely on the Republican shoulders. It would turn a lot of people into 1 issue voters and I'd not be surprised to see WY go blue for awhile. But carry on you seem to have your finger on the pulse of things.

Well, no I hardly have a pulse on myself anymore, lol. I think you are over reacting just a wee bit.