Public Land Missouri Whitetail

CREillY

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have recent experience with archery MO public land whitetail hunting? I've read some older threads about it on here. How much hunting pressure do areas get in the archery season. I'm not afraid to put in extra effort to get away from people if it's possible.

I've been escouting some CA's in the North West - North Central part of the sate and there seems to be some options.

Get after it! Busy on youth rifle weekend and the few days before rifle. Otherwise it’s hit and miss. Most people are respectful of other hunters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Btaylor

WKR
Havent been up there in several years but what I have heard recently is that pressure has definitely increased but not horrible compared to a lot of places.

OP
CREillY

CREillY

Lil-Rokslider
Havent been up there in several years but what I have heard recently is that pressure has definitely increased but not horrible compared to a lot of places.

Thanks for the info!

OP
CREillY

CREillY

Lil-Rokslider
There are some good areas and also some bow only areas.....you did not specify weapon type?
I'd be archery hunting. I didn't know there are bow only areas. I'm looking at them now. Thanks for the heads up! I should've read through the regulations more thoroughly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I actually went on my first DIY trip last year to Missouri. Tagged out on the first hunting morning I was there. The sign and deer numbers compared to northeast Wisconsin was pretty awesome. The first full 24 hours I was there I saw what I consider 3 shooters. It was beautiful and awesome. All of it was good!

Attachments

• F3CC37DE-3C54-405D-8818-444CDAF5322B.jpeg
    F3CC37DE-3C54-405D-8818-444CDAF5322B.jpeg
    507.6 KB · Views: 226
OP
CREillY

CREillY

Lil-Rokslider
I actually went on my first DIY trip last year to Missouri. Tagged out on the first hunting morning I was there. The sign and deer numbers compared to northeast Wisconsin was pretty awesome. The first full 24 hours I was there I saw what I consider 3 shooters. It was beautiful and awesome. All of it was good!
Nice buck!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
CREillY

CREillY

Lil-Rokslider
What dates you coming?

I'm not sure yet. I would like to drive down a weekend this spring yet and check some places out. Northern MO is only a 5 1/2 drive for me, so I could easily hunt weekends.

Joe Holden

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have recent experience with archery MO public land whitetail hunting? I've read some older threads about it on here. How much hunting pressure do areas get in the archery season. I'm not afraid to put in extra effort to get away from people if it's possible.

I've been escouting some CA's in the North West - North Central part of the sate and there seems to be some options.
I have spent a good amount of time on Public Lands all over Missouri. I don't currently have enough posts to PM you but if you PM me, i would be more than happy to share information with you.

whitetail88arch

Lil-Rokslider
^ same as above I could give you some good places to check out!

There's a few places that have caught my eye in the Northwest part of Missouri. I'm near St Louis, but haven't had time to go up there. Only have e-scouted. Pm me if you need information on the areas.

Nice deer

I will be hunting bow season in Missouri this fall for the first time. Looking forward to something different than my Virginia roots. Probably be hunting on or close to ft Leonard Wood. Any good places to look into around that area?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

What dates did you hunt?