Public land OTC bull pictures

cowboy300

WKR
One of my favorites. Let my wife shoot her bull at 625yds with my unbraked 7mm launching 180s at 3100fps. Steep uphill shot off a flat shooting position. I saw her creeping on the scope but I wanted her to focus on the shot and the elk were leaving. Killed the bull with one shot and I had to superglue her cut shutBD5242EA-A4CD-444C-9637-0D4F35C08D0C.jpeg15DDBCE1-ACB2-46EA-B57B-54E7AAB01E5E.jpeg. Still has a scar from it.

bracer40

Lil-Rokslider
Start here
52ab13c6b66cf6ff012af2a9b37b5494.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha! Great input!

BrentLaBere

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't know they had OTC tags for any price. I thought they were all draw for NR's. That opens up some options.

I guess I was thinking the same thing. Ive yet to have a true OTC tag. Great public land bulls either way, but Montana and Wyoming dont offer any OTC tags for nonresidents. Yeah I know, I am being technical here.

JD619er

WKR
I didn't know they had OTC tags for any price. I thought they were all draw for NR's. That opens up some options.
Montana is a draw for non residents but there are "general units" that don't take any points so when you put in as a non resident and don't draw a special unit you can hunt any general unit. The draw for non residents had almost 100% draw odds for like 6 years until last year I think they sold out and they did this year as well. It's easier to get an elk combo license than the big game combo that comes with elk and deer. The down fall is that it's quite a bit more expensive than Colorado Idaho and even Wyoming (which is a draw as well)

Brendan

WKR
Montana is not OTC, although until recently they were "effectively" OTC.

They have a set # of tags, those that don't go in the draw are sold as Surplus. They used to be available into archery and beyond, now the Elk only tags are selling out in the draw or close to it.