Public land stands

Myronman3

Lil-Rokslider
interesting....most people i meet on public land up north are good folks and i aint had a problem. Everyone just needs to realize it’s public land, and not get territorial. A bit of common courtesy goes a long way.

OP
F
I'd probably move on. Chances that the conversation goes well are not good, it's probably not worth the drama imo. I could be dead wrong, but my experience with most guys I've met on public have not been good.
I have had mixed experiences on public, this stand is about a mile and half back in with the first half mile up hill and the last quarter mile through a swamp that alternatingly requires knee high muck boots and crawling on hands and knees. I think it is a good bet that anybody that can even find this location is not the weekend yahoo who I have problems with. Conversely I am not going to mention the location at the trailhead unless I am absolutely certain which guy has the stand. And anybody who went through that amount of work would never admit that there is a huntable location in that mess unless he knew for sure who I was.

Aces11

Lil-Rokslider
I would hunt in the tree you want. Most likely if he is hunting that stand the area is probably not going to be as productive as it was in the past anyways.