Puffy jacket or vest?

Sept Elk hunt in Colorado. Puffy jacket or pants. In general, what do most guys use? How about if its colder?

CaseyU

WKR
I do keep a puffy jacket wih me in all my late hunts. I wear vests usually but if its cold i hrow that puff jacket on under my shell and it is warm. Personal pref. I am skin and bones so i need all the warmth i can get i have plenty of buddya that hunt wih me qould rather wear a vest. Its a lot easier to cool off than it is to warm up. Best of luck

Gman

WKR
I love vests but I go with puffy jacket every time. Just more versatile and you never know what your going to encounter even early season.

armyjoe

Super Moderator
Puffy jacket all the way for me. Just like Gman said, you never know what your going to get in CO even early season.

Mike7

WKR
At least a light puffy jacket for all seasons but summer here if I think I might be doing some sitting or I'm going to be out for multiple days. Often don't use it, but really nice to have when you need it. A vest just doesn't do the trick for me, if I am going to be sitting glassing on a cold morning.

Madnik

Lil-Rokslider
Another nod to the puffy jacket. My puffy vest only sees summer time duty, it seems, and not on hunts.

Well I am all over the place on this one. I use the a 10 day forcast and try to decide depending on the temps. In general for archery hunts I use a puffy vest. Late season or spring bear its usually puffy jacket.

Ozz08

WKR
I've always been more of a vest guy but those light weight puffy jackets are starting to appeal to me more and more. I only hunt early season archery though and I've always been comfortable using a vest.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
If I can only bring one then the puffy coat for sure!!! Only bring the vest along if its gonna be really cold and I can afford the weight. Both are nice, but the coat is much better than just a vest given the amount of warmth each provides compared to their weights.