Puffy Jacket/pants as a mid-layer for Whitetail hunting?

Seeknelk

WKR
I feel that on a super still ,cold crisp evening, a late season buck is going to hear you try drawing with a typical puffy even under fleece etc. Not always, but sometimes. The kuiu Kenai would definitely be the first one I'd try that way tho. It's very soft and quiet and surprisingly warm. Cold add the Kenai vest on extra cold days. Or a cordless Milwaukee heated vest.

If your rifle hunting, disregard.

*zap*

WKR
I believe that 'puffies' are best for the outermost layer unless you are getting a very cold rain.

Lowg08

WKR
I feel that on a super still ,cold crisp evening, a late season buck is going to hear you try drawing with a typical puffy even under fleece etc. Not always, but sometimes. The kuiu Kenai would definitely be the first one I'd try that way tho. It's very soft and quiet and surprisingly warm. Cold add the Kenai vest on extra cold days. Or a cordless Milwaukee heated vest.

If your rifle hunting, disregard.
I use puffy exclusively this year and bow hunt. Missed a 5 point of my own stupidity. ( free hint check your batteries in your rangefinder) he still has no clue where the arrow came from. Brooks down under a corrugate guide jacket. Also bowhunted in my chamberlain and a got to full draw on a bobcat before he moved behind a bush. But the kenai is on my list. I believe it would be better also.

Seeknelk

WKR
I use puffy exclusively this year and bow hunt. Missed a 5 point of my own stupidity. ( free hint check your batteries in your rangefinder) he still has no clue where the arrow came from. Brooks down under a corrugate guide jacket. Also bowhunted in my chamberlain and a got to full draw on a bobcat before he moved behind a bush. But the kenai is on my list. I believe it would be better also.
Yeah , I'm probably a bit paranoid about it. But I grew up hunting mi whitetails and during late season, it just seemed like they even heard you swallow or blink at 20 yards. But that's good to know it can work.

Lowg08

WKR
Yeah , I'm probably a bit paranoid about it. But I grew up hunting mi whitetails and during late season, it just seemed like they even heard you swallow or blink at 20 yards. But that's good to know it can work.
I know that feeling. I hunt Appalachian and whitetail in western north Carole where all the deer are in witness protection. We have like .4 bucks per square mile.