Puffy pants

Vangysway

FNG
I’m looking for puffy pant recommendations. Was thinking about FL but now leaning towards Kifaru. Thoughts are welcomed! Will be using for extended periods of glassing.

KH_bowfly

Lil-Rokslider
I only have experience with FL, but will say puffy pants in general are a great idea I was missing out on previously. Really can make a difference when it’s cold out. I also sleep in them when it gets extra cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Natevon04

FNG
My dad has Kuiu super down which in my opinion are the best ones out there as far as packability warmth and durability. Unfortunately they’re too expensive for a lot of us. I just got the Sitka Kelvin pants on sale for 150$ and they seem like lighter material that you need to be careful with and they don’t seem quite as warm as the kuiu SD. I think they will work for me though for sitting and glassing and also supplementing my sleeping bag. I wanted to get the kifaru pants because I have a ton of their pack stuff and love it but the Neil diamond material they use is just too far out for me.

tgus59

Lil-Rokslider

Because real hunters should want to be cold?
Because you want to carry your Carhartt bibs to the top of a mountain?
Because you and Fred Bear get it done in jeans and a flannel?

Natevon04

FNG

Jesus who has time for this

gburk

WKR
I'm pretty enthusiastic about my $45 army surplus prima loft pants that you can find on ebay and a few other places. They aren't the most packable pants on the mountain, but they are full zip, good quality and plenty warm. And cheap.

bigharge

WKR
I have a pair of the arcteryx atom puffy pants that work great, usually can find them on sale around 150 or less

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Aeromoto

FNG
I got a pair of Under Armour Ridge Reaper pants for about $100 on a Black Friday sale. Used them on a backcountry ice fishing trip a few weeks ago. They kept me warm down to single digits over a pair of softshell pants and Smartwool base layer. I liked the zippers all the way up to the waist line. Was nice not to have to take off the boots to get my pants on.

I used a set of my FL puffy pants last season. For me, they are used to sit and glass in (just like everyone else uses them), but I also use them as part of my sleep system. Instead of carrying a larger bag/quilt, I run a 30* quilt and will layer as I need to, just like I would during any other part of the day. Might work for you, might not, just a suggestion.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I love my SD ultra pants. They are super light, pack down to nothing, not super warm but always seem like just enough to keep you comfortable until you start moving again. I also got them off kuiu outlet for $150 I believe. If you keep an eye out maybe they will go on outlet again before season.

ChrisAU

WKR
Take a look at True Timber. They aren't full zip but they are about 3/4 zip. Only for stationary use. Way warmer than Kuiu Superdown Ultra's I had, and my larges weigh 11.55 oz. On the cheaper side too.

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
Stone Glacier has new puffy pants out too. They have more down fill than the Kuiu SD Pro's for a lot less $$$$. I'm not sure what they were thinking with the color option, but hopefully someday they will release different colors.

I'm pretty enthusiastic about my $45 army surplus prima loft pants that you can find on ebay and a few other places. They aren't the most packable pants on the mountain, but they are full zip, good quality and plenty warm. And cheap.

I agree. Love mine.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have the kifaru ones, they are nice and durable compared to other ones I’ve owned or tried. I used them on a float hunt in September and they went with me every time I went running the rivers for moose.

Chordeiles

Lil-Rokslider
Take a look at True Timber. They aren't full zip but they are about 3/4 zip. Only for stationary use. Way warmer than Kuiu Superdown Ultra's I had, and my larges weigh 11.55 oz. On the cheaper side too.

Do these run true according to the chart?
Is a large= 36”-38”?