Puffy pants?

sniper61

Lil-Rokslider
I need a pair for after long hikes in to stands or glassing on other hunts. I want ones that have a full length zipper for easy on and off while in a stand. I see kuiu has them are there any other brands i could look at? They will be in my pack all the time and used only when setting as a outer shell.

Chuck44

FNG
First Lite has some with full side zips:

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
several members (me included) have had really good luck w/ Nunatak's Apex insulated pants- lots of customization available- fabric, insulation weight, length of zipper (or no zipper), etc, etc

Yep. Best $35 I have spent in a while. Got me through a 26 degree night in a 30 degree bag that should be rated at 50. Sleeping pad went flat, so these pants saved my night.
I think a lot of military surplus gets overlooked. Yeah it’s a bit heavier but the shit is bombproof for the money. It’s not the same StuffIt was back in the 80’s&90’s that I used. The base layer grid fleece is polertec the fleece jacket is polertec and it’s made in USA. I can be a cheap ass so if I can save some money on one thing then I can spend more somewhere else.

highstepper

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of the military version of the Patagonia Micropuff pants. Pretty compressible primaloft and good DWR. They were a welcome addition while sitting on a hill glassing in the wind and rain in Alaska last fall. Could be had pretty cheap at one point.

Check out Feathered Friend Helios pants. Very warm, great for stands or glassing.
Mark

rklein

Lil-Rokslider
Arcteryc makes some in the atom model(same as the jacket)with a full side zip. I found them on sale some years back. Black is the most available color, but you might find a brown/coyote if you looked really hard. I wear the black ones under my Kuiu attacks. Great pants, i like the synthetic as it keeps warm when moist.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Rab makes puffy pants, the Photon pants I believe. Can be found on sale usually.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm just going to leave this here.

SHTNBLSHGR.jpg

Be350ka

Lil-Rokslider
Super down pro for the win. They pack super small and are extremely easy to put on while in the stand. I’ve used them exclusively in the tree stand and I have to say it’s the best money I’ve spent (SD pro jacket and pants). You can literally feel yourself warm up when you put them on!