Puffy pants?

Wheels

WKR
The Under Armour puffy pants are pretty nice if you can catch them on sale, I think I paid $98 for them. They are full zip and have pockets.

One more mil surplus option is the M65 pants liner which are $13 on eBay and weigh 14 ounces. They button on.

Do you know what those weigh? And about how small they compress down to?
I don’t know how much they weigh. They are not the most compressible I usually just stuffed them in the top of my pack. If I had to guess it would be the size of 2 cantaloupes or a small watermelon? If I think about it this weekend I’ll dig them out and see what I can come up with.

Htm84

WKR
I don’t know how much they weigh. They are not the most compressible I usually just stuffed them in the top of my pack. If I had to guess it would be the size of 2 cantaloupes or a small watermelon? If I think about it this weekend I’ll dig them out and see what I can come up with.
Thanks for the reply.

Do you know what those weigh? And about how small they compress down to?

I have them in medium, and they weigh 32oz and pack down to about the size of a basketball.

I also have the kuiu superdown ultras, which weigh 8oz and pack down to about the size of a softball. Not as warm as the surplus ones, but I've sat for several hours in 20 degrees with them and wasnt chilly one bit.

I have the Kifaru puffy jacket called the Lost Park parka. Very warm but synthetic insulation so it doesn't pack as well as down. Depends what you are going for...

Be350ka

Lil-Rokslider
201BD7E0-C183-4A37-B0BF-0E596529E99A.jpegAs you can see the Superdown Pro pants and Jacket pack relatively small. They will pack into a their own pocket but that is more work than I like. I just use the Kifaru 3 string stuff bags. I could get them much smaller but again where they are is quite small and makes for easy packing.

I have them in medium, and they weigh 32oz and pack down to about the size of a basketball.

I also have the kuiu superdown ultras, which weigh 8oz and pack down to about the size of a softball. Not as warm as the surplus ones, but I've sat for several hours in 20 degrees with them and wasnt chilly one bit.
That seems about right. Mine are size large or extra large I can’t remember. I think I paid less then $50 for them.

Bump. Considering the FL Uncompahgre, OR Refuge and the MH Compressor. If the specs are believable the FL's are the lightest and most insulated. Anyone with personal experience with those three and can compare warmth and pack-ability?

Zion, I have not had the others, but I have two Umps. They fit in their left side pocket, about the size of the small Nerf footballs (not the standard size). And you can scrunch them down a lot more than that. Synthetic doesn't have an issue "fluffing back up". Warmth seems to depend on the user and application. If you are moving, they are warm to very low temps.

Sportsman247

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Kuiu Pro's. Super warm and light but be careful if you wear while moving around. Very susceptible to tears/rips.

wildcat33

WKR
No one has mentioned the stone glacier pants yet. Very nice, but pretty expensive. If you can live without full length zip the Mountain Hardware ghost pants are on sale right now.

406unltd

WKR
There’s only one option in my mind and that’s Kifaru. I wish they were out when I bought my FL puffy pants as they are not durable at all.

Poser

WKR
No one has mentioned the stone glacier pants yet. Very nice, but pretty expensive. If you can live without full length zip the Mountain Hardware ghost pants are on sale right now.

I saw that. How hard are they to get on and off over boots and late season pants?

ChrisAU

WKR
For a good combo of cheap, light, and warm, check out the True Timber Pulse puffy pants. I like the Strata Camo, and they are cheap enough to not worry too much about them on a hunt. I think I paid $60ish for mine, hunting partner has a pair too. They are 3/4+ zip. My larges weigh around 11 oz.

wildcat33

WKR
I saw that. How hard are they to get on and off over boots and late season pants?

not bad at all. I had to size up though: 32 waist and 160, size large was good over winter clothes for me

Poser

WKR
not bad at all. I had to size up though: 32 waist and 160, size large was good over winter clothes for me

Damn. I’m a 32 waist and 205#. Not sure those will fit me unless I went XL, which would surely be too loose in the waist.