puffy pants

dan25

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys looking for sub $200 puffer pant recommendations for high country CO mule deer hunt. Cheaper the better, but would like something descent.

30% off ends today

Deli

Lil-Rokslider

30% off ends today
How light/packable are these? Been considering them for awhile.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
D

dan25

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. How packable are the outdoor research?

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
Another for the under armour alpine ops pants. Full side zips, my size large weigh 17 oz and they're fairly quiet for a nylon face fabric, 800fp goose down.

eBay has them new for around $100 last I looked.

Mountain_Life

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of the true timber down pants. They are under $100. They have a zipper that isn't full length but does come high enough to get a boot through. They pack well. The exterior seems pretty fragile but I haven't had any rips or tears yet. Down seems about the expected quality for sub $100 pants. After 1 season of use I'd say they are good for the price but nothing exceptional.

OP
D

dan25

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like the UA are best bang for the buck. Thanks guys

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
If you are looking for something for glassing and not moving around army surplus ecws pants are dirt cheap and warm. If you don't mind looking like MC Hammer you can walk around in them but you will sweat your boys off.

Kostrize

WKR
Those OR Tradecraft pants are an excellent value. I have the Colossus jacket in the same materials and it is awesome

OP
D

dan25

Lil-Rokslider
If you are looking for something for glassing and not moving around army surplus ecws pants are dirt cheap and warm. If you don't mind looking like MC Hammer you can walk around in them but you will sweat your boys off.
So I started looking into ecws pants and jackets and they are really cheap. How packable and heavy are they? Has anyone tried there gore-tex? Thanks for responding.

Deli

Lil-Rokslider
So I started looking into ecws pants and jackets and they are really cheap. How packable and heavy are they? Has anyone tried there gore-tex? Thanks for responding.
I wore the gore tex jacket and pants on my last hunt since I could barrow it from my cousin in the military. It works well but is heavy and less packable with all the pockets and folding hood. I didn't mind since we were doing more day hike hunting. I would opt for something more packable on a multi day hunt though to save space and weight.

OP
D

dan25

Lil-Rokslider
I wore the gore tex jacket and pants on my last hunt since I could barrow it from my cousin in the military. It works well but is heavy and less packable with all the pockets and folding hood. I didn't mind since we were doing more day hike hunting. I would opt for something more packable on a multi day hunt though to save space and weight.

Thanks. Considering Kuiu Nx