puffy pants

Missahba

Lil-Rokslider
So I started looking into ecws pants and jackets and they are really cheap. How packable and heavy are they? Has anyone tried there gore-tex? Thanks for responding.
I have the ecws primaloft liners and the true timber puffies. The TTs are very light and packable all-around puffy layer.

The ecws although warmer, are limited to late season, low temperature (<20F), glassing, or stand hunting. If you’re running a trapline in winter, ice fishing, snowmobiling, yote hunting in snow, I guess you can wear them all day. Bottom line is they’re very different from a packable down pant. Primaloft doesn’t pack like down. They have a lot of insulation. The zippers are heavy milspec style. Not a light piece in backpacking-world. In everyday life I wouldn’t call them heavy though. Great value for the money if you need them.

ericwh

WKR
The fl uncompadre puffy pants have been solid for me, I've got some rips in the legs and the seat it showing signs of wear with small holes and thin material spots. With that said I figured they would be in worse shape after what they have been through. Still warm, and always go with me when I'm gonna be glassing and their is any sign of colder temps. Pack down pretty small for being synthetic.

Consider a kifaru woobie also I've used it with great success in really cold temps.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Missahba

Lil-Rokslider
Is this what we're talking about? One of the q/a responses says medium/long weigh ~ 1.5 lbs.

Yes those are the one I was talking about.

maxpetros

Lil-Rokslider
Been using mountian hardware compressor Puffy pants for 3 seasons now and they have served me well. Full side zip, reinforced seat and knees.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

justin84

Lil-Rokslider
I got mine gently used from a first lite facebook buy/sell/trade group and I think I only paid $130. Worth keeping an eye on if there is no rush.