Puffy

Hey guys, looking for a puffy coat for warmth and insulation. Most of what I have is KUIU, but wonder if there is a less expensive option out there for a good puffy. Anyone have any experience with a good one that's a bit less than the KUIU/Stone Glacier coats?

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Eddie Bauer downlight. A kuiu SD large would be a medium in it. EB has a few different lines of puffy coats but that downlight is going to be their best for overall warmth, weight and cost.

I just scored a Eddie Bauer CirrusLite Hooded on ebay (New) for $25 bucks. It's 650 fill and not as nice as the Downlight but I'm very impressed. It's about 11 ounces and definitely warm. It's greyish/green.

EB as already stated or you can usually find a Kryptec Ghar or SKRE Ptmargin for under $200 with a promo code or on camofire.

Rock-o

WKR
I've got an eddie bauer one that I bought on sale for around $40 and that's with the hooded version. It's not camo but that's fine for me at that price.
I took the same approach but mine is a Columbia and I think it was about $55 or 60.

Bärenjäger

Lil-Rokslider
Eddie Bauer is the way to go for price. I have the Kuiu Super Down Ultra jacket. It's nice, but $279... The EB Cirrus Light, I got on sale for $65! It is slightly heavier but just as warm. And I got it in their camo which is a little shiny but otherwise a good muted color palette.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Waggy

FNG
Following,

Also looking for a puffy for late season Montana that doesn't break the bank. Might have to check out the EB stuff!

Muddler

Lil-Rokslider
FYI everything at EB is 40% off right now. Sign up for the Adventure Rewards and you can get 50% w/ code AR10.

Definitely worth signing up, and never pay full price there. They run sales frequently enough that if you're patient you can get 50%. Sometimes the 50% sales are for members only.

Been eyeballing an Evertherm Down Jacket there

cjl32

Lil-Rokslider
When you sign up for the Adventure Rewards they will periodically send $10 off coupons. They let the coupon stack with sales prices. Good way to get EB gear for really good prices if you are patient.

Anyone tried the Eddie Bauer thin down stretch hoodie yet? I keep thinking it might be perfect for a layer because it's so thin and a little stretchy. The regular thin down coat works well but it's a bit bulky for layering.

Thanks. I have a very similar EB jacket. I think the only difference is mine doesn’t have the stretch.

The cut is different as well, the normal one is a "standard" fit while the stretch hoodie is an "athletic" fit which should fit under layers better.