Pulling a Trailer - What to bring?

CB4

WKR
Pulling an enclosed trailer out west this year to have some comfort items at base camp. Will be primarily doing day hunts and back at the truck/trailer at night. What are your must have and or comfort items you recommend?

gelton

WKR
Depends on the time of year really. I always have a backup pair of boots a backup sleeping bag, pad and shelter along with a chainsaw, extraction equipment, chairs, canopy.

If it's October or later 3x 5-gallon propane tanks and a propane top heater, wall tent, cots, ...etc.

If you are taking an enclosed trailer and have the room, bring it all. Be comfortable and have fun.

Depending on the tent, cots if they fit or one of the ridiculously thick and comfy sleeping pads. Extra blankets to stay warm. Extra cloths and boots. Stuff to wash up nice, portable shower system maybe. Better meals. Good lighting. Generator maybe with a small freezer, will work as a fridge ran on and off.

Laramie

WKR
Beyond the obvious stuff- A full size propane grill is really nice to cook on. A decent sized, sturdy, folding table is great for meals and cleaning up quarters/processing for the ride home. Cheap solar lights to light the way around camp at night.

Leave the trailer at home and you will get 2X the fuel mileage...

If your shit dont fit in the truck then you either need to buy a bigger truck or take less shit.

OP
CB4

CB4

WKR
Appreciate all the responses. The drive isn't far, roughly 8-10 hours for where we are going. The trailer is for comfort items. Like grill, table, chairs, extra cooler for camp food/meals.

Planning cots, heater, comfortable sleeping items.

wapitibob

WKR
I just spent 4 days in an enclosed trailer. They’re good for dry camping and bringing addl transportation with one vehicle.
They overheat with just a lantern then you’ll freeze in the middle of the night so you’ll have to figure that out. Sleeping on cots with an inflatable pad was fine. Bring a table for inside. Also bring steps for getting in/out. Rugs for the floor and a broom.
Don’t cook inside it....

i actually enjoy a pop up canopy, folding table (8ft) and my chairs I take to outdoor events. Cover from rain or sun with the table and easy eating and relaxing in big chairs.

apart from that, make sure you have a spare and a jack that works for the trailer. Grease the bearings too.

Yes take the enclosed. We use ours as a mobile base camp it's way easier than taking down and setting up a tent. Worst issue I've ever had is one time it was constantly freezing and snowing and every night we were getting condensation on the ceiling where our trailer isn't insulated. Wife requires a heater so out Mr heater does a good job warming it up in the morning. Let me know if you have any questions over the years we have been getting pretty good camping setup in our trailer.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

rayporter

WKR
and keep the tires aired up. i check em at every gas stop.

i had a new 10 ply separate last week in the heat and it not fun in the summer.

i keep a few boards and a block in the trailer to run the good tire on while i take off the bad one. even solo it is a 15 min job.

oh, and take a battery driver and a socket to fit. man they are handy.

TheViking

WKR
Leave the trailer at home and you will get 2X the fuel mileage...

If your shit dont fit in the truck then you either need to buy a bigger truck or take less shit.

2x the fuel mileage?? You might lose a few MPGs…

Buy a bigger truck?? So drop $60k on a new truck instead of buying a $2k trailer? lol

View attachment 297796
Build at home, screw together at camp. Dig the hole deep, fill in when half full.

The thing they use after hip surgery works nice. The chair that fits over a toilet. Put it over a hole. Makes me feel comfortable with the arm rests/grab handles.

And I apologize to the fly fisherman who walked up to me on one in SW Colorado.

I also built a pretty slick portable on demand water heater for a shower. Copper coil over a turkey burner, gas water pump, environmental friendly soap. Awesome.

The thing they use after hip surgery works nice. The chair that fits over a toilet. Put it over a hole. Makes me feel comfortable with the arm rests/grab handles.

And I apologize to the fly fisherman who walked up to me on one in SW Colorado.

I also built a pretty slick portable on demand water heater for a shower. Copper coil over a turkey burner, gas water pump, environmental friendly soap. Awesome.
Haha we have one of those chairs too!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk