Pulling out of CO draw?

Hey guys got a quick question. Due to work I am not sure I'm gonna be able to make my planned elk hunt this year and while I dont mind eating the tag my hunting buddy would rather not.

Is it possible for him to pull out of the draw and avoid being charged for a tag?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

OP
H
If he draws he can return the tag, can’t just pull out of the draw it’s in now but he can return his tag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh ok I have heard returning mentioned before. Do you get refunded when returning?

OP
H
Yes should get refund minus a fee, not sure what the fee is maybe $25

Thanks. I'm gonna call to confirm Monday but just wanted some feedback now cause we are sitting here talking about it.

cnelk

WKR
Page 16 of the Regs - Right side

There is a new process called 'Reversals' - that may apply to you - bottom right of page 16

cgasner1

WKR
Do they hit the card if you draw then way I read the regs I thought you had to get online and purchase the tag before a date if you drew

Mturney

Lil-Rokslider
I drew NM and called about dropping my application before they charged my account. I was told to email [email protected] to be dropped. I have emailed twice and have not recieved any response. Looks like I will have to return a tag if I draw.

cnelk

WKR
Here is the link to the Regs - https://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/RulesRegs/Brochure/BigGame/biggame.pdf

I would really suggest reading through it as it answers many questions and has correct info.

REFUNDS, REISSUES, EXCHANGES

1. Check our website for the most current information: cpw.state.co.us/refunds

2. Application fees, the $10 Habitat Stamp fee, qualifying licenses, and preference point fees are nonrefundable.

3. If you drew a license you would like to return, payment for the license is still required first. You can then return it for a refund or preference point restoration. You must relinquish your license and carcass tag at least 30 days before opening day of the season for which the license is valid. License must be accompanied by a completed request form obtained at a CPW location or the website. Most refunds are subject to a $15 processing fee. Preference points are reinstated to a pre-draw level, you do NOT receive an additional preference point for 2019. Requests must be postmarked at least 30 days before the season starts. If there isn't enough time to request a form, mail your license and carcass tag with a letter to CPW. It must be postmarked 30 days before the season for which the license is valid starts and mailed to CPW, attn: Refund Office, 6060 Broadway, Denver, CO 80216. A license cannot be recovered once it has been returned to CPW along with a refund or preference point restoration request form.

4. Once there are fewer than 30 days until the season starts, refunds or preference point restorations are limited to extreme medical circumstances of the licensee, death of the licensee or death of the licensee’s immediate family member, members of the U.S. military whose service prevented them from requesting a refund or reinstatement on time, or jury duty which overlaps with the season dates on the license. These requests must be accompanied by evidence that the license has not been used, AND the circumstances that precluded the licensee from being able to make their request 30 days or more from season start.

5. All license exchanges will be charged a fee of fifty percent of the cost of the original license, not to exceed $25. Exchanged licenses cannot be refunded. Read the full exchange policy here: cpw.state.co.us/lcpolicy 6. Limited licenses that are returned may be available for purchase on the leftover license sales list: cpw.state.co.us/leftover

As far as 'Reversals' on page 16:

NEW REVERSALS: BY 5 P.M. MT ON JUNE 14

▶ Hunters who are successful in the draw but whose hunting plans have changed can now call CPW at 303-297-1192 to have their license reversed instead of returning it through the process described above.

▶ Hunters will not have to submit the refund paperwork or pay the $15 refund fee if they call to request a reversal by the deadline of 5 p.m. MT on June 14. After this deadline, the refund process will be the same as usual (see above).

▶ Once a license is reversed, the process cannot be undone.

▶ Reversed licenses will be made available for reissue.

ragz

FNG
If you pull out before the draw then you won't get a preference point.