Pulling the trigger on Lathrop and Sons custom boots

I just talked to Lathrop and Sons on the phone and just pulled the trigger on the custom mapping. The first step toward the custom boots. It sounds like it might get expensive, but I am tired of buying boots trying to find that right fit. Im anxious to see how this all goes.

bigbaddad71

Lil-Rokslider
One of the smartest decisions you will ever make.. Expensive? Yes.. But how much will you save compared to buying and selling boots until you find "the boot"? How many ruined trips when your feet are mangled by boots that sort of fit? What other boot supplier/manufacturer will work with you until they are right..? Rest assured.. You are not going to regret this

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

bradb

WKR
I am hoping they fit great and should know very soon. The Warm model is supposed to be in from Italy an day so I should have mine in say a week.

Looking at doing the same thing. Tired of spending $200 on mid range boots that don’t fit or don’t last. Any idea how long it takes to get the boots after sending in the mapping? I need something for pronghorn in August.

wildcat33

WKR
Ive read through a lot of lathrop threads and I still dont understand what you get with the custom mapping. Its not like they are sewing you a custom pair of boots. They just cut out the footbed a certain way and give you lacing suggestions?

That said, the mtn elites are some of the most comfortable and best made boots Ive tried. I would recommend just buying the boots and seeing how they fit, then go from there.

Wildcat, I thought the same thing, but I can be anywhere from size 9-10.5 depending on the brand and width. I don’t want to have to guess and return 3 pairs before I have the correct fit.

wildcat33

WKR
Wildcat, I thought the same thing, but I can be anywhere from size 9-10.5 depending on the brand and width. I don’t want to have to guess and return 3 pairs before I have the correct fit.

Totally understand. FWIW I found that I run a half size up in L&S.

I did the custom mapping a couple of years ago. They gave me Lowa Tibets (don't think their house brand was out yet) with custom insoles. So far they are the best boots I've owned. Great fit from day 1, and even better after braking in and learning to lace them properly.
Full Transparency, I was a Danner and Lacrosse guy before these. Big step up in boot quality either way. First boots I've had that have kept my feet dry hiking in snow.