Punched myself today!

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
I shot through my D-loop today and took one in the kisser. Luckily I was hardly drawn back before she gave loose. The cams are still good, thanks goodness.

Anyone have ideas on how to get rid of a burr on the hook part of a release? I noticed that there is a small burr on the hook that caused my humiliation today.

Thanks

FlyGuy

WKR
Small file should do it, then maybe light sandpaper. Do you think you did it or did it come from the manufacturer that way? If new, I’d at least report it to them.

You can’t cheat the mountain

87TT

WKR
I took one to the cheek bone today too! Mine was me just not getting the release closed all the way on the D loop. Only got drawn back a short way but was just starting to pull hard for the 70# draw.:poop:

Did the same thing a month ago. Almost broke my jaw and had to drop to one knee...lol

Beendare

WKR
Yep, smacking yourself teaches you how to draw your bow.

Assuming Aluminum jaws...very fine sandpaper [400/600] and or some polishing compound works....too rough like a file still leaves it rough.

Took a file on the end of fingernail clippers and used that to carefully file down the sharp part of my release. That did the trick