Punk brunt my grandsons blind

sniper61

Lil-Rokslider
Spraying and planting switch grass Saturday when a punk on a quad goes by me, after passing by my posters. Then comes back by slower knowing I can do nothing towing the spray tank behind my ranger. I flick him the bird and he gives me 2. He almost roles over turning around to give me 2 more. I pulled out my phone but to late to get a photo. Sunday morning I find the hunting cabin I build for my grandson for xmas 2 years ago at the age of 9, was burnt down and a trailcam burnt on a tree going to it. Found the quad at a house in a patch town near by. Stopped and my buddie asks if he would like to sale it . I can see It was him and he couldn't see me . went up the road and pulled over and he rode by .I follow him a while he went up a drive way we went passed and stopped at a friends dive way and he came by us again turned around and stop and ask why we were following him . I rolled the window all the way down so he could see me and said do I know you, He looked at me and said your the one who pulled a gun on me yesterday . I said I don't know what your talking about where? he pointed over toward my place. I usually have a long gun in the truck but he was in between me and the truck . Now what do I do with him ,guessing 15 years old . Police, parents ,or private meeting ? I have Under $3k and my time in it , it is heated insulated and window.

Last edited:

Mosby

WKR
Assuming you built your grandson's cabin on you own property, I would call the police and file a police report. I would then call your insurance company. Most homeowner's polices cover buildings on your property.

Clarktar

WKR
I politely suggest crafting your narrative in a processor such as microsoft word where you can leverage spell check as well as sentence formatting checks and other features.

As a parent, my advice is to go to parents first. Any adult engages my children in a private meeting unbeknownst to me, regardless of the context, will be having a private meeting with me.

Spoonbill

WKR
You sure it was him who burned down your cabin? Kind of hard to follow your story, but i don’t see how flippin the bird would lead to a burned down cabin.
Definitely contact the sheriff, arson is arson and vigilantism is frowned upon.

OP
S

sniper61

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry for rambling . Never could write but add to many scotch's like last night and it gets worse. I was in the middle of my 300 acres, working the food plots.

Police report. Let them handle it (or not). At least you have a legal record of the incident.

ive come to the view that very little good comes from confronting an asshole. Strong chance you will end up on the wrong side of the law if anything escalates.

case in point, I was struck from behind by another driver. I got out and calmly spoke to him. He talked for a minute and then got in his car, said f you and drive off. When the cops showed up at his house he said I had screamed at him and pushed him so he left because he was scared. They were considering booking me for assault but a few witness interviews corroborated my story. he got charged with hit and run but I learned than the type of Scum bag that will hit and run or burn down a cabin is also going to lie through their teach when confronted by authorities.

Last edited:
OP
S

sniper61

Lil-Rokslider
Autism make life hard when it comes to communicating. Like many, it can be very curl, sorry.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
find a rough and rowdy 15 y/o who is a skull thumper and pay him $100 to sick vengeance on the punk.

But, here's the deal. Karma is brutal. My dad was in a MC (biker) and he crossed his club president, so that A-hole hired two illegals from Mexico for $1500 to steal a truck near the MC headquarters late one night as my dad drove away. A mile from the HQ those Mexicans drove that stolen truck into my dad at a high speed T-bone and mowed him down. They ditched the truck a few blocks away and walked away into the night.

Now...no dad in my life.

If you're venting...vent. If you're asking for advice...walk away and let Karma mow his grass one day just the way the universe sees fit.

I hope you have the right kid. If I found out someone was harassing my kid for something he didn't do a burnt cabin is the least of your concerns.

I agree you should file a report. It's probably frowned upon that you followed him and confronted a kid, though.