Purification tablets?

mtmiller

WKR
I love my PUR Hiker, but have thought about going a little lighter for my CO hunt. Any thoughts on tablets?

Hardstalk

WKR
Wait times suck. When im thirsty i want water. But with tablets they are usually pretty sure to mention about waiting a half hour. Ive done tablets the past 2 years i look at tablets like m.r.es great idea in the beggining of starting backcountry but you find eventually there is better stuff out there. Ill be using a filter this year. Having said all that ill still have tablets on me for the just incase factor.

Also they are relatively cheap. Buy some and try them. Ive talked with people who couldnt stand the taste even after adding the neutralizing pill. I personally never tasted anything different but each mouth is different.

Rizzy

WKR
I use the Coleman tablets from walmart and will be trying the aqua mira next. I started out using tablets, then went to a filter, now back to tablets. The filters are simply to heavy and bulky for me as compared to tablets on most trips.

I just don't like the wait time on drops or pills. I emailed aquamira and they told me the minimum wait time to kill giaridia and crypto is 40 minutes if the water is warm (above 65*) and clear. The colder the water the longer you have to wait. I was told a typical mountain stream that is cold would be closer to the 4 hour wait time. Micro pur tablets is also 4 hours for crypto and giaridia.