PUt in For Western KS Mule Deer Tags, Anyone Been their?

Tookeymonster

Lil-Rokslider
I put in for Archery Mule deer tag for CO in unit 55. And for a backup plan I put in for KS Western plains (Farm Land). The more I think about it I think I want to do Go after the KS Mule??

Anyone have any experience in Western KS?

Last edited:

dotman

WKR
Not yet but I can't decide if i'll do my usual whitetail hunt or go after a mulie. There are some big ones out there for sure.

JDC

FNG
Where's unit 55? I have been pheasant hunting around Dodge City.. nice bucks out there in the fields..I'll see if i can pull up some pics of a few and post them

JDC,

He was referring to unit 55 in Colorado. I also went back and forth whether to put in for western KS for muleys. But at the end of the day, Id rather hunt CO for muleys and KS for whitetails. One of these days I'll breakdown and apply for a KS muley tag. They have some monster!

OP
Tookeymonster

Tookeymonster

Lil-Rokslider
for CO unit 55 I have access to a Trailer House around Crested Bute. KS we have the landowner permission already, we just have to bring him 4 bottles of Crown Royal that he can hide in his barn from his wife ;)

maxp

FNG
we use to live in lakin ks and yes there are some absolute bruisers out there...my dad has a deadhead he found thats over 200" and hes also found a whitetail shed out there that came from a buck thatd go 200-215 so its good for both mulies and whitetails :D