Putting orange on your pack

OP
Reload1

Reload1

FNG
I use an orange aglow panel on my pack like listed above and usually bring an extra super small and light orange vest to cover antlers, turkey heads, or anything else I’m worried makes me a target.

Even in no orange required seasons, I always have em in my pack. Bow hunting last year, I came through some brush and another hunter was on full draw on me at 25yds. Not a great feeling and I’ll say i wish I had all my orange on in that moment.
I say that was a bad feeling and could have been bad situation really easy

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Hoodie

WKR

This is another option that can provide a little extra storage for a layer of something. MR also makes a blaze rain cover. I use the OrangeAglow panel when I don't need the extra space because it's lighter.

If you mainly rifle hunt and use a bino harness, blaze orange is nice for that too.

Oregon doesn't have a sq in blaze requirement for adults so a lot of the time I'll do a blaze bino harness up front, blaze hat, and the pack panel. I've got orange on all sides, but I don't have to deal with taking a vest off and putting it back on every time I want to shed/add a layer.

*zap*

WKR
Light orange vest & hat or balaclava kept in pack and I put a few blinkeys on the back of my headlamp strap and pack when walking after dusk. Always wear a headlamp when it is not daylight.

Last edited:
Seek has this too. https://seekoutside.com/base-talon-blaze-orange/ out of xpac with a zipper storage and a mesh slot. Pretty versatile load haul addition.
i love the talons, i'm going to get one or 2 for my kifaru.... very cool storage pouch.

also for blaze if you do wear a kifaru, a blaze grab it is a good way to add orange... i think i will just get a couple talons though, one in blaze that i keep for internal organization when i don't want exterior orange, and have a earth tone one on the outside that i just swap when i'm rifle hunting with others (especially rifle elk chaos)

505Wapiti

WKR
Second the mystery ranch blaze pack cover mentioned above, use the same on mine and my son’s Pintler.

Lawnboi

WKR
Rugged stitching made me this pocket, don’t know if he is currently taking business. It’s been great. Been begging kifaru to make a blaze orange belt pouch for years.

7824D7EF-360A-4790-B214-BDD9B3BF2235.jpg

Heath423

Lil-Rokslider
Several years ago I started having the same thoughts and concerns as the OP. I started tying an old blaze orange vest on my pack. After I swapped packs to a Badlands pack I just picked up one of their blaze orange rain covers. Easy on and off with elastic.

Ranger619

WKR
I use a cheap carabiner with a cheap orange stocking cap hooked to it. Probably about $4.

I sought out and bought one of the few blaze orange packs that are offered. No add on needed. In my opinion pack and clothing manufacturers really drop the ball when it comes to blaze orange offerings. Now that solid colors are the new cool fad I am hoping blaze orange becomes cool.

hh76

Lil-Rokslider
I sought out and bought one of the few blaze orange packs that are offered. No add on needed. In my opinion pack and clothing manufacturers really drop the ball when it comes to blaze orange offerings. Now that solid colors are the new cool fad I am hoping blaze orange becomes cool.
I don't like to spend big money on clothes or gear that are only good for one thing. I'd rather have gear that I can use for anything, then add an outer layer of orange or camo if needed.

Rufus

Lil-Rokslider
Hi tt_johnsclist. Which pack do you use. I’ve considered looking for a solid blaze pack also.
Thank you. - Rufus

I've just been using an el cheapo orange vest tied/safety-pinned to the back of my pack. It works well enough, but those made-for-purpose panels look more secure and durable...might have to get me one.

Hi tt_johnsclist. Which pack do you use. I’ve considered looking for a solid blaze pack also.
Thank you. - Rufus
I have an older Mystery Ranch Crew Cab that I picked up used several years ago. No idea if any manufacturers offer and orange one any longer.