PWS deer

codhead

FNG
I was in New Zealand last year and hunted stag with a rugby buddy - we walked a few steps at a time, watched and listened, and he was really successful at 20m shots. Granted, he was a commercial deer hunter when he was young, but ......

I'm pretty excited to try that in the Sound this year, particularly in August. Grew up in Ak and it seem like it's always been sit on a swamp for moose, sit and glass for bear or sheep, etc. Anyone do much walk and stalk in PWS SEAK Kodiak?

Maverick940

Banned
I was in New Zealand last year and hunted stag with a rugby buddy - we walked a few steps at a time, watched and listened, and he was really successful at 20m shots. Granted, he was a commercial deer hunter when he was young, but ......

I'm pretty excited to try that in the Sound this year, particularly in August. Grew up in Ak and it seem like it's always been sit on a swamp for moose, sit and glass for bear or sheep, etc. Anyone do much walk and stalk in PWS SEAK Kodiak?
Bear in mind that summer habitat is generally alpine habitat.

OP
codhead

codhead

FNG
Guess I was thinking Naked and Green Islands in particular, rather than Knight or Montague.