Q&A Podcast

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you have a gear or hunting question you would like answered, please post below. We will periodically be doing question and answer episodes that will directly address these questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
The whole back tension/thumb released etc. issue. For a hunter with a 60 yard and in MER, it sounds to me like it’s not worth the hassle I hear you guys talking about to switch over to shooting like that. So my question is what does somebody say that has done both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What should a farm country Whitetail hunter do to prepare for a Backcountry western hunt for elk or mule deer, etc? What are some things that surprise people who hunt out west for for first time?

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mule deer tactics for a drought stricken high elevation forest. Is it legal to bait deer with water:unsure:? Just kidding about the second part.

cjdewese

WKR
Where to focus on from a food perspective in an oak forrest that has both black and live oak trees with mixed in pine trees. Everyone has told me find the oak trees and your good, but my entire forrest I hunt is oak trees. :)

iseebucks

Lil-Rokslider
1. Can you have a discussion about the pros and cons of hunting alone, hunting with one other person, and hunting with three or more people? Which of these situations is the most enjoyable, and which is best if your primary goal is to harvest a mature animal and you don't necessarily care about having fun?

2. Would you ever consider spending a week hunting with a good friend who wants to bring two other guys that you have never met before (total group size of 4)? Assume that you are unable to meet or talk with these other two guys before the hunt but your friend says that you will like them.

3. How much scope magnification is needed for long range hunting?