Q2i Fusion X-ii 2.1 vanes

TheViking

WKR
Yes, both those configurations work equally well with fixed BH's. In 2016 I actually used the 2.1" in a 3-fletch with mechanical heads on a bull and hit exactly where I was aiming. But the 3" work about the same as the 4-fletch 2.1's.

How big of a fixed blade have you used?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrgreen

WKR
So, am I reading correct? The Q2i's are quieter than Blazers, and the 3" 3-fletch or 2.1" 4-fletch are both good for fixed blades?

So, am I reading correct? The Q2i's are quieter than Blazers, and the 3" 3-fletch or 2.1" 4-fletch are both good for fixed blades?

I know my 3" Q2i are way quieter than blazers and yes I can shoot fixed blades with my 3" straight offset 3 Fletch. Don't have enough experience with the 2.1" to say anything about those for certain.

In my experience most vanes are quieter than blazers. Except the old nap quick spin.

Ya, I tried the 1.75" and the 2.1's definitely work better with fixed blade heads at 40+ yards.

Have you used the 1.75" in fletch with mechanical heads? Since I have a bunch of arrows already fletched up with 1.75 i think I may just switch the head to grim reaper mechanical and see how they fly.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Have you used the 1.75" in fletch with mechanical heads? Since I have a bunch of arrows already fletched up with 1.75 i think I may just switch the head to grim reaper mechanical and see how they fly.

No.......but I did use a Spitfire with the 2.1" in a 3-fletch on a bull in 2016. That worked fine.

TheViking

WKR
How much does each vane weigh in real life? (Average) the 2.1s...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the 2.1 3 fletched on a GT pro hunter, no issues with fixed blades. Here is a QAD exodus and field point

Attachments

• IMG_0774.jpg
    IMG_0774.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 111

sgnading

FNG
I just fletched up some arrows using the Q2i Archery Fusion X-ii 2.1 vanes in a four fletch configuration 90*. This is my first time using anything but blazer vanes and I have to say that I am impressed. I always just used blazer vanes because of their availability locally and it was really all I knew. I did try some AAE max pro vanes before but I didn't use their system for adhesion and I had trouble with sticking. I am glad that I decided to try some of different vanes because these things are fantastic.

I should add that I bought some glue and a cleaning pen from South Shore Archery Supply. I went with their system. The vanes adhered perfectly and the prep pen was a great way of cleaning the vane prior to fletching. I always just used acetone and a q-tip before.

I used onestringer matte white 4.5 inch wraps.

zvaSMRvh.jpg

m3eEyeAh.jpg

MX1zFZKh.jpg

They fly great too!
The guys at my bow shop are trying to talk me into these. Were they that big of an improvement over the Blazer vanes, or just a slight difference? and how've you liked the 4 fletch version of them compared to 3?