Q2i Fusion X-ii 2.1 vanes

I just fletched up some arrows using the Q2i Archery Fusion X-ii 2.1 vanes in a four fletch configuration 90*. This is my first time using anything but blazer vanes and I have to say that I am impressed. I always just used blazer vanes because of their availability locally and it was really all I knew. I did try some AAE max pro vanes before but I didn't use their system for adhesion and I had trouble with sticking. I am glad that I decided to try some of different vanes because these things are fantastic.

I should add that I bought some glue and a cleaning pen from South Shore Archery Supply. I went with their system. The vanes adhered perfectly and the prep pen was a great way of cleaning the vane prior to fletching. I always just used acetone and a q-tip before.

I used onestringer matte white 4.5 inch wraps.

zvaSMRvh.jpg

m3eEyeAh.jpg

MX1zFZKh.jpg

They fly great too!

noroads

FNG
I use the same set up and vane but with the 3” version and really like this setup. Absolutely accurate with my QAD exodus and the adhesion has been excellent. I’ve used several vanes and most recently using the max stealth and like these quite a bit a more.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've used these vanes the last 3 years, but I keep going back and forth between them and my 2" QS Speed Hunters. I don't do any kind of special prep for either of these vanes.......just glue, press, and hold for 15 seconds.

100_3756.JPG

JDB9818

WKR
I just gave these a try within the past few weeks myself. Early impressions are that they fly and group great out to 70 yards and they are quiet. I’m looking forward to seeing how they work with a fixed broadhead.

4e62f62892fdcae5f3ed65b0b5ea29f9.jpg

I just built arrow with same vane but 1.75" 4 fletch with 2 degree offset, but wish I would have gone 2.1 as I shoot fixed head. I am thinking of trying the 2.1, heat vane or Flex Fletch 200 all in a 4 fletch with helical.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I just built arrow with same vane but 1.75" 4 fletch with 2 degree offset, but wish I would have gone 2.1 as I shoot fixed head. I am thinking of trying the 2.1, heat vane or Flex Fletch 200 all in a 4 fletch with helical.

Ya, I tried the 1.75" and the 2.1's definitely work better with fixed blade heads at 40+ yards.

nphunter

WKR
I've used these vanes the last 3 years, but I keep going back and forth between them and my 2" QS Speed Hunters. I don't do any kind of special prep for either of these vanes.......just glue, press, and hold for 15 seconds.

View attachment 98013

I've always been partial to QS fletching, recently I've been shooting the 3" crossbow vanes, the only way to get them is to use the quick fletch which I'm not a fan of and they are expensive. I switched to AAE this year but will defiantly consider these for my next arrow build. The AAE's are definitely picky when fletching them.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've always been partial to QS fletching, recently I've been shooting the 3" crossbow vanes, the only way to get them is to use the quick fletch which I'm not a fan of and they are expensive. I switched to AAE this year but will defiantly consider these for my next arrow build. The AAE's are definitely picky when fletching them.

I still have a bunch of the 3" QS's, seems they stopped making or selling those. I also sometimes use the 3" Fusion Xii's. All of them work pretty well, just seems that I can see the 2" high profile QS's better at long range, so I shoot better groups with those. They may not be any more accurate, they might just seem that way since I can actually see what I'm aiming at with them. But I sure do ruin a bunch of nocks and vanes using those.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
You may have said it in another post, but are you using straight clamp offset or helical on your 4 fletch 2.1?

Straight slight offset. If I go full offset, they look helical. But I haven't found a difference between that and slight offset for long range accuracy so I stick with the slight offset.

Straight slight offset. If I go full offset, they look helical. But I haven't found a difference between that and slight offset for long range accuracy so I stick with the slight offset.

Awesome I am gonna get some 2.1 and re-=fletch. I was thinking of going helical. I'm sure I will get more drop at distance but I feel helical corrects better if something goes wrong in form. Have you tried them in helical? If so, did you not see much benefit?

Slim Jim

WKR
These are some of my favorite vanes. When I’m not doing a six fletch, I use these 2.1 in a four fletch straight with an offset. They glue up well onto carbon micro shafts without any prep
5bbf63eecd713066bdf29007f498a1df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheViking

WKR
I’ve been running 4 fletch Heat Vanes shooting great broadhead groups to 60. 1.25” fixed blade with 7/8” bleeder - controls them just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3forks

WKR
I'm also a fan of these vanes. I saw this the other day and thought I'd post it in the event that anyone wants to know more about these vanes.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Has anybody tested the 3" fusion Xii in 3 fletch vs 2.1 in 4 fletch?

Yes, both those configurations work equally well with fixed BH's. In 2016 I actually used the 2.1" in a 3-fletch with mechanical heads on a bull and hit exactly where I was aiming. But the 3" work about the same as the 4-fletch 2.1's.