Q2i Fusion X-ii 2.1 vanes

Here one after it went through a Missouri Turkey last spring

Attachments

• IMG_0435 (002).jpg
    IMG_0435 (002).jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 121
Handful of shots this afternoon and last 2 from 30 - exodus dead center /field point robin hooded the BH tipped arrow

Attachments

• IMG_0802.jpg
    IMG_0802.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0803.jpg
    IMG_0803.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 119

UTgrizzly

FNG
I am just joining this conversation after reading some of your guys' reports. I currently shoot Victory RIP TKO Gamers using Blazer X2s in a 4-vane 1 degree helical and have great performance with them. However, as I am always trying to make my equipment and hunting experiences better I am really interested in trying out a XII SL (1.75) in a similar 4-vane configuration. Anybody have any insight?

Last edited:
I know they recommend the 2.1 reg fusions for hunting but I believe that's because they assume you are shooting a fixed blade and can use the extra height for stability. Would you have any qualms about shooting the shorter xii 2.1s (.43 vs .55) with a mechanical? Would be 3 Fletch helical

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Would you have any qualms about shooting the shorter xii 2.1s (.43 vs .55) with a mechanical? Would be 3 Fletch helical

Those are the ones I'm shooting....the .43" 2.1's. And even though I used them in a 3-fletch with a mechanical on the bull in my avatar, I prefer them in a 4-fletch. They just seem to be more consistent that way. Even for 3D I went all 4-fletch. I can't imagine the regular 2" Fusion II's in a 4-fletch. Those things stick out like Dumbo ears even in a 3-fletch.

TheViking

WKR
Those are the ones I'm shooting....the .43" 2.1's. And even though I used them in a 3-fletch with a mechanical on the bull in my avatar, I prefer them in a 4-fletch. They just seem to be more consistent that way. Even for 3D I went all 4-fletch.

This is good timing. I just fletched up a few in a 4 fletch to test against Fusion IIs and 3 Max Stealth with a good helical.

I shoot 125 Kidus (1.25” wide) and a 1-3/16” 3 blade fixed. Decent size fixed blade heads.

Curious to see if the 4 fletch 2.1s will be able to steer them at distance.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I'm shooting the fusion X II 2.1 in a 4 fletch 1 degree straight right offset on a 166 shaft. I haven't had any problems steering an Iron will wide 100 out to 50 or a Iron will solid and vented 100 out to 80.

JNDEER

WKR
Those that have shot the 2.1 in 3 and 4 fletch.
Would you say one is quieter than the other?

Zac

WKR
I am just joining this conversation after reading some of your guys' reports. I currently shoot Victory RIP TKO Gamers using Blazer X2s in a 4-vane 1 degree helical and have great performance with them. However, as I am always trying to make my equipment and hunting experiences better I am really interested in trying out a XII SL (1.75) in a similar 4-vane configuration. Anybody have any insight?
Don't do it.

Read1t48

WKR
I recently switched to these vanes and have been pleased. I used 4 fletch on a Bohning wrap. No helical offset.

For those doing 4 fletch, are you still using a helical offset? I can't think 1 degree could make that much of a difference but I might have to wrap one up to compare.

TheViking

WKR
I recently switched to these vanes and have been pleased. I used 4 fletch on a Bohning wrap. No helical offset.

For those doing 4 fletch, are you still using a helical offset? I can't think 1 degree could make that much of a difference but I might have to wrap one up to compare.

I am - 4 fletch 2 degree helical. Fly like darts.

Zac

WKR

The only reason not to offset is if you are running a Whisker Biscuit. You have to give the arrow some sort of direction during flight, or the environment will choose the direction for you. It's all kind of a balancing act. Dudley was shooting 1 degree offset back when he was using 4 Max Stealths. Now that he shoots that smaller 23 vane he is running 2.5 degrees to make up for less surface area.

maverick351

Lil-Rokslider
I am going to try the q2i x-ii 2.1 vanes but was also curious about the q2i x-ii 2.1sl vanes. But in thought they may be low enough to need a 3" 4 fletch.

I am going to try the q2i x-ii 2.1 vanes but was also curious about the q2i x-ii 2.1sl vanes. But in thought they may be low enough to need a 3" 4 fletch.
I tried the 2.1 in a 4 fletch, found the 3 inch was more consistent with both a 3 fletch helical and 4 fletch straight offset. I switched to 4 just so I don’t have to pay attention to what vane is up.

Moneyball

WKR
Been shooting 4-fletch Q2is for the last couple years. Going to try out TAC vanes in both three and four fletch configurations in the coming weeks and see how I like them. They are going to have to be pretty solid to make me want to switch from the Q2is. I’m just a tinkerer and can’t help myself...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been shooting 4-fletch Q2is for the last couple years. Going to try out TAC vanes in both three and four fletch configurations in the coming weeks and see how I like them. They are going to have to be pretty solid to make me want to switch from the Q2is. I’m just a tinkerer and can’t help myself...

I've been using 2.75 drivers, 4 fletch, with a left helical this season, some thoughts...

- Quiet, dead quiet... I was at a shoot and someone pulled me aside to ask what vane I was running because it was the only arrow that didn't make noise.

- They cut down on weight in the back which was great...
* 4x Driver 2.75's = 23.6gr
* 4x Q2I XII's 3" = 40.4gr

- When shooting through a target the TAC's don't retain shape, they're such a hard vane. I did end up having to refletch two of the arrows because I drilled them into a foam backstop. The XII's though would go through and come back to shape very easily. Folks could make an argument that the TAC's don't pass through AS easy.

- The XII's are very easy to glue. The TAC's on the other hand require more attention, I had a few vanes come off in the beginning with the drivers.

Overall, both stabilize my broadhead very well.

Moneyball

WKR
I've been using 2.75 drivers, 4 fletch, with a left helical this season, some thoughts...

- Quiet, dead quiet... I was at a shoot and someone pulled me aside to ask what vane I was running because it was the only arrow that didn't make noise.

- When shooting through a target the TAC's don't retain shape, they're such a hard vane. I did end up having to refletch two of the arrows because I drilled them into a foam backstop. The XII's though would go through and come back to shape very easily. Folks could make an argument that the TAC's don't pass through AS easy.

- The XII's are very easy to glue. The TAC's on the other hand require more attention, I had a few vanes come off in the beginning with the drivers.

thank you for the report! I will post if I see similar results which I’m sure I likely will...glad to get some real world results from others on this site.

maverick351

Lil-Rokslider
I should have my Q2i xii 2.1 in soon and looking forward to trying tge 4 fletch with them. The 1.75 didnt work as well even in a 6 fletch for me

Zac

WKR
I should have my Q2i xii 2.1 in soon and looking forward to trying tge 4 fletch with them. The 1.75 didnt work as well even in a 6 fletch for me
I don't think it matters how much surface area you have if you don't have the proper vane height. There is a reason that vanes designed for fixed heads are 0.5 inches high. This tiny vane craze is something that has carried over from the target world that simply doesn't work.

Ian Ketterman

Lil-Rokslider

The TAC's bend but they have a good memory. I was using Pine Ridge Nitro's and they never seemed to recover from being bent at all. I am using the 3.75'' TAC's now and they reshape back to normal pretty fast.

I have noticed if you don't follow their prep details they fall off pretty easy.