QAD Drop away rest issues

OP
G

gibby97

FNG
Looking at the way it was setup, I wouldn't call that shop "reputable" at all!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
How so, you make a comment like this with nothing to go with on reasoning???

ncavi8tor

WKR
How so, you make a comment like this with nothing to go with on reasoning???
In addition to the fact that your issue is due to improper timing, observe the amount of cord material left hanging from the football clamp! Also, most top bow tuners that I know do not use the football clamp because it is hard on the cable, will eventually come loose, and must be repositioned everytime you add or remove a twist from the cable for tuning in order to keep the cord from twisting. The best way to attach that cord is with a Dloop knot and serve above/below or run it through the cable strands.

As others have told you, the internals of the rest are probably damaged now from repeated slamming against the forks by the fletching. I'm sure QAD will take care of you. They are a great company.

Just my initial observations. Good luck.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

tntrker

WKR
New rest. And installed by the shop who seems to be reputable. I haven’t changed anything on the bow since i picked it up. Just think it’s strange that it doesn’t happen every shot, maybe every 5 shot or so.

Timing issue. My brand new set up was doing the same and it was a timing issue.

Just recently put this on my bow and noticed that the rest doesn’t always drop away and that I now have black marks on the 2 bottoms veins of my arrows, Is a timing issue or something wrong with the new rest? It’s tore 2 veins off so far as a result.

I’ve also noticed from time to time a loud smack noise like the string hit my arm however it didn’t, could this be the new rest hitting the riser or the fletching hitting the rest?

Looking for possible solutions.
same issue here with QAD. after set-up was complete fired couple hundred arrows then it started not dropping again. I sent one back last year after losing a deer because it didn't drop and now issues with new one. its coming off this week and I'm going to a Hamskea limb driven rest.

sivart

WKR
Not being a smart ass. I know many guys love the QAD. I've not had the best luck with them. I always recommend the Hamskea. The Trinity pro was a game changer for me. Tuned in 2 shots. Took roughly 5 min to install and time. A blind monkey can time the cord in the dark. It's built like a tank.