QAD dropaway problem?

Hey folks. Since purchasing a new Hoyt Defiant 34 I've been slapping fletching's. I raised the rest and I think that slapping issue is handled.... In an effort to sort this out though, I've discovered my QAD Ultra Rest HD Pro is acting a little ify....when in the 80% cocked position it is actually about 70%. The gap between the top of the rest and the capture bar is so big that the arrow will fall out of the rest if the bow is not in the upright position. I am also feeling some clicking when I manipulate the thumb paddle to cock and uncock the rest...

(1) Are there any adjustments that can be made to help this or is it simply time to replace it?
(2) If I need to replace it, I am open to your suggestion.
(3) If you shoot a HOYT Defiant 34, What are you using, and why? Would you steer me away from anything for any reason?

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• REST.jpg
    REST.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 63
  • REST 2.jpg
    REST 2.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

mauiarcher

Lil-Rokslider
Pictures look about right to me. The rest of the throw is activated upon full draw. Time it so the arm goes vertical the last inch or so of the draw cycle. You need to draw board. If you're at all concerned send it back to qad, they have excellent customer service. You need to have confidence in your gear.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
Hookedonhunting
Pictures look about right to me. The rest of the throw is activated upon full draw. Time it so the arm goes vertical the last inch or so of the draw cycle. You need to draw board. If you're at all concerned send it back to qad, they have excellent customer service. You need to have confidence in your gear.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Upon full draw it closes the distance to where it should be. Its timing seems to be set right. I did raise the sight to stop the slapping and there doesn't seem to be any bounce back. At this point the 80% locking point seems to the issue. Its an older rest....I've had it many, many years. Will QAD work on a older unit?

I have found their C/S to be as good as it gets. They want customers for life so I bet they take good care of you. Don't know that you get a free one to replace a worn out one- but I'm willing to bet they will work with you to keep your loyalty.

I have had many QAD rests, and it's all I own because its a great rest, a great company and great c/service for sure.

I had a QAD on a spyder turbo. Could not get it dialed in. Was having wicked fletching strikes. After having it tweaked a few times it was not right. I think part of the problem was a sloppy bow shop that I have since broken up with. I finally went with a limb driven rest. A vapor trail limb driver to be exact. Since I sorted the right tie in point for the limb I have never looked back.

JNDEER

WKR
My QAD experience C/S is the exact opposite from what was stated above and have sense moved away from them and to RipCord. I am all for posting positive feedback for companies that actually have great C/S (TightSpot).

Between myself and my family we have had on our bows 6 QAD rests. 2 of which had issues with the internal mechanisms and were sent back to QAD only to get back the same rest and them stating that they "fixed" the issues only to have the same issue arise within an month of shooting. We then decided to stick with them (preferred the full containment after let down) and purchased the newest versions of the rest at that time (couple years back) and they worked good for a year then the same issues. Again sent it back and they sent back the same rest stating they fixed the inside parts only to have the rest still not function correctly on my bow. I gave up after that point.

Last month my brothers bow had the newest rest they make and he had as a spare the year before model that was having issues. Both now have issues and when he called to talk to them they wanted $25 to inspect the old rest because they no longer make it, but would look at the new rest for free and see if they could fix it.

OP
Hookedonhunting
My QAD experience C/S is the exact opposite from what was stated above and have sense moved away from them and to RipCord. I am all for posting positive feedback for companies that actually have great C/S (TightSpot).

Between myself and my family we have had on our bows 6 QAD rests. 2 of which had issues with the internal mechanisms and were sent back to QAD only to get back the same rest and them stating that they "fixed" the issues only to have the same issue arise within an month of shooting. We then decided to stick with them (preferred the full containment after let down) and purchased the newest versions of the rest at that time (couple years back) and they worked good for a year then the same issues. Again sent it back and they sent back the same rest stating they fixed the inside parts only to have the rest still not function correctly on my bow. I gave up after that point.

Last month my brothers bow had the newest rest they make and he had as a spare the year before model that was having issues. Both now have issues and when he called to talk to them they wanted $25 to inspect the old rest because they no longer make it, but would look at the new rest for free and see if they could fix it.

No Bueno....... Definitely didn't want to hear that. I will give them the opportunity to fix it. I intend on calling them to see what they have to say Tuesday. I hope I have better luck than you. Sorry you have had such bad experiences. Thanks for the heads up.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The gap between the top of the rest and the capture bar is so big that the arrow will fall out of the rest if the bow is not in the upright position.

On my Hdx I took the capture bar off. Unless I'm holding the bow upside down, the arrow has never even come close to coming out of the launcher even running with an arrow nocked.

And when I hear "I've been slapping fletching's" I'm thinking "good shooting".....as opposed to fletching contact. If the rest is timed correctly, there should be no contact. My method is to tie the cord to the cable and then pull the cord through the rest so it's tight (loosened screw), and draw the bow back. Then I pull the cord end about 1/16" and then tighten the screw down. Then verify with an Iphone 6 high speed camera that the launcher is down before the fletchings get there.