QAD Exodus broadhead questions/help

Hi, I am wanting to try the QAD Exodus 125 grain broadhead this fall on my Excalibur crossbow for an upcoming mule deer hunt. The problem I am having is getting conflicting information from the company and one of the dealers as to whether the swept vs full blades are interchangeable and whether the standard 125 grain Exodus head is the same as the one labeled crossbow at 125 grains.

I am willing to use either the 125 grain standard Exodus broadhead or the 125 grain crossbow Exodus broadhead, and am wanting to use the swept blade design but would like to have the option of simply switching out the replacable blades to convert the broadhead to full blades for hunting in other states where the swept is not legal. Is this an option that is okay to do or do I really have to buy the actual 125 grain full broadheads because the ferrule and/or blade attachments are actually different?

I have had QAD tell me they are identical and then turn around and say no they actually are not and have been told by a dealer they didnt think the blades were interchangable, but the item description for the replacement blades on their website states they are, so I am not sure who to believe or if any of them actually know what they are talking about at this point. So, if anyone has first hand knowleged and can confirm one way or the other so I know what I actually need to order that would be great. Thanks.

dtrkyman

WKR
I would call them back, but I am quite sure the blades interchange, would not make sense to machine 2 different ferrules to accommodate different blades.

OP
O
I would call them back, but I am quite sure the blades interchange, would not make sense to machine 2 different ferrules to accommodate different blades.

Thank you for the response. I agree and thought the same thing that it makes no sense for them not to interchange. I have called QADs customer service/technical support three different times now and each time I get the same and seemingly only guy who has nearly no knowledge of their broadheads whatsoever as he continually contradicts himself with his answers. So while they seem to make a great broadhead their technical support in my experience has been nearly non existent unfortunately.

I still plan on trying and hopefully using their broadhead, would just like to not have to buy every option to see what actually does what. Will most likely just order their Exodus "crossbow" version in 125 grains swept, but am a bit surprised at least a few people on here dont have hands on experience interchanging the blades already given the broadheads popularity. Thanks again.

OP
O
I have used both swept and full blades on the same ferrule with no problem

Thank you that is what I mainly needed to know. I have ordered both some crossbow Exodus 125 grain heads and will see if they interchange between swept and full on that ferrule as well. Thanks again.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Are the "crossbow" heads any different than their regular heads? Most of the crossbow heads I've tried are identical to the normal heads. Just marketed to the crossbow guys.

MTHunter20

Lil-Rokslider
While we’re talking about the Exodus, does anyone know for sure that they’re legal in Idaho? I’m hoping to use them this fall but see conflicted info on whether they’re ok or not even on the full blades.

OP
O
Are the "crossbow" heads any different than their regular heads? Most of the crossbow heads I've tried are identical to the normal heads. Just marketed to the crossbow guys.

That's my question, as most "crossbow" heads usually are the same thing just in a crossbow labeled package and I have been told completely different answers by the same QAD technical support guy different times which has made it a bit frustrating.

I have some standard Exodus 125 grain full blade broadheads as well as the crossbow Exodus 125 grain swept broadheads ordered and on there way to mess with and see for myself at this point since no one seems to know for sure. I'll post what I end up finding.

The QAD Exodus by most accounts is a great broadhead, but their technical support regarding it is basically non-existent unfortunately.

OP
O
While we’re talking about the Exodus, does anyone know for sure that they’re legal in Idaho? I’m hoping to use them this fall but see conflicted info on whether they’re ok or not even on the full blades.

Everything I've read has people saying they are legal with the full blade in Idaho, don't know why they wouldn't be as they're not barbed. I won't be using them in Idaho anytime soon either way and can thankfully use the swept as well here in my home state.

OP
O
Swept are considered barbed and a no go in Idaho.

Yeah, I know. That's the whole reason for asking if the two blade styles are interchangeable so that a person can shoot the swept elsewhere and simply swap them out to the full if hunting Idaho or another state that does allow barbed arrows.

87TT

WKR
I bought a set and tried them but they wouldn't fly with the FPs.

OP
O
I bought a set and tried them but they wouldn't fly with the FPs.

That's too bad, were they not even close for you?
If I can't get the QAD Exodus to fly well I will probably try the Slick Trick crossbow fixed blade broadhead next, but am hoping it doesn't come to that.

87TT

WKR
They hit high and left. Slick trick standard and grizzly tricks were better. I tried Muzzy's, they flew good but thougjht them a little weak. Tried several different brands and found the Kudupoints flew like darts and right with my FP's out to 80 yards. This was with a compound. no experience with a crossbow. I really wanted to like the QAD but wasn't going to de tune my bow to get them to fly.

OP
O
They hit high and left. Slick trick standard and grizzly tricks were better. I tried Muzzy's, they flew good but thougjht them a little weak. Tried several different brands and found the Kudupoints flew like darts and right with my FP's out to 80 yards. This was with a compound. no experience with a crossbow. I really wanted to like the QAD but wasn't going to de tune my bow to get them to fly.

Yeah I wouldn't want to de tune a bow either just to use the QADs. I'm hoping they shoot ok at least out to 60 yards but we'll see. There's not much I can do with my crossbow other than maintain proper brace height and then make adjustments with the red dot sight.

I'm still needing to sight it in with field points and then try the QAds and go from there, and hoping to avoid a mild nightmare of trying to find a decent shooting broadhead. So time will tell.

OP
O
I finally got around to comparing the QAD Exodus 125 grain broadheads in the "standard" full blade version and the "crossbow" swept blade version. Both were exactly identically and all blades interchanged. The only difference being the name "crossbow" on the packaging. Hope this information is useful for anybody ever wondering about the two.

Great info thanks. I dont have a crossbow but I wont shoot anything in my compound but Exodus after I tried them. Amazing head