QAD Exodus swept OK to use in WY?

Ranger 692

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at WY regs it seems like it would be Ok to use the swept Exodus but it’s not totally clear to me after reading. Anyone know for sure? Thanks

OP
Ranger 692

Ranger 692

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody with some insight into this? Just want to be sure I’m legal and the regs are ambiguous at best. Thanks!

dkime

WKR
My realtor is a former GW so I will send him a text, from my research (as i am assuming your showed as well) shows no regulation on it. Seems like a bit of a grey area to me my friend

OP
Ranger 692

Ranger 692

Lil-Rokslider
My realtor is a former GW so I will send him a text, from my research (as i am assuming your showed as well) shows no regulation on it. Seems like a bit of a grey area to me my friend
Yeah I keep re reading the regs and seems like it’s would be OK but it’s not spelled out anywhere. Thanks for your help, post back what he says.

What makes the swept Exodus illegal is barbed broadheads. If it's written that barbed broadheads are illegal, they aren't allowed as that's how they are classified. If it's not there, they are legal.

JLL

FNG
I don't know about WY but I love the Exodus broad heads. My son and I both use them and they are great.

Is there any advantage to the swept version?

I shoot the regular 100 gr Exodus and with the great results I’ve had with it I doubt that I ever change.

I use 100gr and have used both swept and standard and have not found any difference in Kill ability. I think they are one of the best kept secrets on the market thats finally getting out. I have used them since the were introduced. I started 30 years ago with Thunderheads and bounced around over the years from mechanical to Muzzy, but once I got an Exodus on my arrow I wont use anything else. I have seen the 55 drum test first hand and felt the blades afterward. Still Razor. Better a 350lb AK Black Bear dead on Sholder blade shattered by a 40 yard shot. The only thing you may argue with the swept is arrow flight may have mirco differences between them and standard. So if you tune to standard and then change to swept make sure you shoot a few good rounds before going out. Good luck WY is beautiful

Is there any advantage to the swept version?

I shoot the regular 100 gr Exodus and with the great results I’ve had with it I doubt that I ever change.
The swept blade has less surface area. So theoretically there is less chance of the Broadhead planning, easier to tune and potential more accurate, especially at longer distances and crosswind. (This is why mechanicals are popular, coupled with a larger cutting diameter)

if your bow is tuned and your shot distance minimal then you won’t notice a difference.

Been using the Exodus since they were first introduced and see no reason to switch. Taken numerous animals with them. Experimented with both swept and full. For me the swept clearly plane less and fly truer. They are a great head - fantastic penetration, good sized cut, and very rugged design.

Not certain who decided the swept were barbed as they really aren’t - someone is really stretching here. But if concerned, unless the states bowhunting equipment laws specifically outlaw barbed heads then you are absolutely good to go.