QAD failing every 10 or 15 shots

Buddro

FNG
I got my bowtech reign 6 out a few weeks ago after 3 or 4 months in storage and started practicing. for a few hundred shots over a few days I shot great, way better than I have any right to after not shooting in a while. Eventually I started blowing fletchings off of arrows. My QAD (HD or HDX I dont remember but I think hdx) is clearly not making it out of the way of the arrows. What gets me is that this is not an every shot ordeal from my reading timing issues seem to be every shot. I get 10 or 15 great accurate shots and then one where the fletchings contact the rest.

Has anyone ever had QAD hd or hdx fail intermittently? did you come up with a cause and solution? Timing?

Its about a 5 year old arrow rest with a lot of shots through it and a lot of hunting in dusty dirty country. so I probably won't fuss with it a whole lot before I chalk it up to wear and tear and just grab a new one. or maybe go back to a whisker biscuit.

For the record this is my second QAD and I have loved them. I won't have any reserves about getting a new one of this one proves to be worn out rather than just out of tune.

bsnedeker

WKR
I had a QAD on my first bow, it failed on me exactly one time and I took it off and got a new rest. I've had a hamskea for years and it has performed flawlessly.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Even without a draw board you should be able to draw and see whether or not the launcher is coming fully up in the last inch of the draw. Also, the way I always set mine is to loosen the set screw, pull the cord tight, draw the bow, let down, and then pull the cord tighter about 3/32" and lock it back down. That has always given my QAD perfect timing. Good way to check it in the field as well.

It sounds like timing to me, likely it has slipped and it's right on the edge. Increase tension slightly and see if it fixes it.

Otherwise they should replace it.

Moneyball

WKR
I would manually raise the rest with your finger and trip it manually by “releasing” the pressure without having to draw the bow.

Let’s say that it works flawlessly over and over when you put the pressure on it “manually” or not by the draw cycle of the bow. This tells you that the string that goes from your rest to your cable is likely loose.

I had one do this and I tightened the string to the cable. Problem solved.

Tighten it up and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk